• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Enter the Hippo

Hollowed out the IR light on the turret and painted that and the vision blocks.
geek30_zps0dvyscys.jpg

geek31_zpsb1l3rvzm.jpg

Not real sure where I am going with the weathering. :tomato I brushed some pigments on first. That pigment fixer works great. :blink
geek32_zpszkmfat6a.jpg

I brushed on a dark brown wash earlier today.
geek33_zpsvuxewccp.jpg
Nice work there matey :popcorn

Let us see where this goes...............

geekmud_zpsxfcyo4s6.jpg

Using putty for mud. Yes Bob,I will paint over the red putty. :drool

So I goes up further with the mud. This time I thinned the putty with some glue. Did not make it as thick. Any ideas on how to splatter some mud? :idonno I will be dry brushing some lighter brown onto it.

geeknud3_zpsul6mpbxo.jpg

geekmud4_zpswdmxqbpr.jpg

So I goes up further with the mud. This time I thinned the putty with some glue. Did not make it as thick. Any ideas on how to splatter some mud? :idonno I will be dry brushing some lighter brown onto it.

geeknud3_zpsul6mpbxo.jpg

geekmud4_zpswdmxqbpr.jpg

Yeah, that's about the right area for the mud line! (y) Now fer slingin' mud, git ya a good stiff brush, dab it in & "flick it" on.

Calling her done. I still need to get the n hang of mud and pigments, :bang head

ged5_zpsvtoibifg.jpg

ged2_zps26pbwikc.jpg

ged4_zps8upvah3h.jpg

ged1_zps150d04ju.jpg

ged3_zpsddcyijto.jpg

My white rabbit wanted in on a pic.
ged6_zpslqc4ea3u.jpg

Back