• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Enter the Hippo

The Zod

1/48 Gaso Line mecha. Girls und Panzer Hippo team markings. I may go with a green and brown JGSDF scheme.

geek1_zpsk6lbqjl4.jpg

geek2_zpsy3gl9cec.jpg

geek3_zpsrpvbbrba.jpg

Thanks gents. :)

This looks like a schmallturm from a Panther. I am not sure about the gap between the top of the gun mantlet and turret front.

geek4_zpsam0jee3g.jpg

geek5_zpsfkagvqzs.jpg

The hull. I will be adding weld beads on the red putty areas.
geek7_zpsnpafle9j.jpg

I added some grab handles on the legs.
geek6_zpsqlv3fy0b.jpg

The metal barrel tha comes with this 1/48 kit is an RB Models 1/72 122 mm barrel. It comes with no instructions for the PE.
geek8_zpsvltfhkuo.jpg

Thanks kindly men. :)

I cleaned the parts that needed gluing with nail polish remover. The kind that has acetone. :stinker Use that stuff in a well ventilated area. I used the new version of Gator Grip Glue. It is a lot thinner than the original version.

geek9_zps6vf5xd8z.jpg

geek10_zpsbvuvomhe.jpg

For the gap on the gun mantler................ I am thinking of making a canvas cover.
geek11_zpsycjocuxg.jpg

Sorry it has been so long for any new pix. I went back out on the road last Wed. Been working some long days. Finally a shorter day today. Put The Last Dinosaur in my DVD player,and had some good bench time. Lousy special effects in that movie. But,I do like the story it tells.

This is the weak spot in this kit. I used the thin version of Gator Glue. The attachment points for where the legs go onto the hull in this pic. That is where,for whatever reason,that glue failed. :idonno

geek12_zpsip6lfrfq.jpg

I added a canvas cover for the mantlet.
geek13_zps1glltsng.jpg

I used some Zap CA this time. Hopefully that will hold.
geek14_zpsqrthirxm.jpg

Back