• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard Hellcat (Finished)

Eduard Hellcat

Thanks guys.

A got some more done on the cat. Talk about learning curve...

I messed up on the Future coat. I went with three light coats but this paint was so dead flat, i probably should've done another two at least. I'm always afraid of going too heavy with gloss and obscuring surface texture. In the end, it was more of a satin finsih and it took 5 shots of MicroSol before I tamed the decals. And were talkin' about 70 of 'em on this thing counting all the 'push' and 'tie down', etc. pieces.

I sealed with another layer of Future and it still could've used more. I decided to go relatively light on weathering, at least for my armor experience.

I ended up with a lot of dust in the finish and I broke each antenna, the pitot tube and a MG off at various stages of handling, so I know I'll be changing my assembly method for the next AC.

Anyway, just need to do the prop, add the lights and antenna system and I'm calling it.

On to pics, let me know where I went wrong and what to do better.

hc4b693d.jpg

h8bb17f1.jpg

h989944c.jpg

h49c2b3c.jpg

Eduard Hellcat

Too kind guys. I appreciate the comments.

The fiddly bits with be my next test, but I might as well get the experience on this one before tackling the 190.

Eduard Hellcat

The fiddly bits with be my next test, but I might as well get the experience on this one before tackling the 190.

It is excelent to known that's the next is a 190 :good: ...what is the manufacturer ,ausf ?

Best!

Luiz

Eduard Hellcat

It is excelent to known that's the next is a 190 :good: ...what is the manufacturer ,ausf ?

Best!

Luiz

Eduard Profi...

But I just got that 109 Royal kit too after your recommendation. That's one beauty of a kit, I may jump in on one of those first. I really like the camo pattern on the trop bird. I may build that as a warm up for Linck's plane.

Looking it over with my son, there's 4 fuses, 4 sets of wings, props, wheels, IPs etc, besides the canopies, it seems like you can build 4 planes with the addition of some AM canopy and cockpit stuff. I haven't really looked into it, any chance it could be stretched to 3 or 4 instead of the two kits it's supposed to supply?

Eduard Hellcat

Best!

Luiz

Eduard Profi...

But I just got that 109 Royal kit too after your recommendation. That's one beauty of a kit, I may jump in on one of those first. I really like the camo pattern on the trop bird. I may build that as a warm up for Linck's plane.

Looking it over with my son, there's 4 fuses, 4 sets of wings, props, wheels, IPs etc, besides the canopies, it seems like you can build 4 planes with the addition of some AM canopy and cockpit stuff. I haven't really looked into it, any chance it could be stretched to 3 or 4 instead of the two kits it's supposed to supply?

...yes ,ausf , the G2 tropical camo pattern is one of my fav too... you´re sure , with some additions we can

assembly four models :frantic

With respect the 190 from Eduard , please have a look on some pictures of the mine that I finished more or

less three months ago...

...and hope that this link help your Eduard 190 Profipack project :

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/luiz-barroso/149666-fw-190-a6-just-completed-jan-3rd

Best regards!

Luiz.

Eduard Hellcat

:eek:hmy:

Astonishing work Luiz. I will be sure to pour over your thread before I open the box, but there's no way I'm going to even come close to building it that well. :notworthy

I added the lights and antenna wires with my version of the insulators.

While taking some pics of the wire, one photo captured the actual color of it, or at least as close as I can get with current equipment. I think the flash went off on this to make the difference.

hcc0ef8f.jpg

Insulators. I'll sharpen the technique on the next build, but it's okay for now:

h8626f28.jpg

h51b408e.jpg

And the exhaust staining. You can see my 'dust issue' in this pic. One of the many reasons why this is a learning curve build.

hd861bf1.jpg

Eduard Hellcat

Ausf - really sharp build. You did a great job. Love the color, love the weathering. Just fantastic! :good:

Mike

Eduard Hellcat

I think the fact that this is your second aircraft nearly finished in all of a month....and the fact that as long as I've known of you since way back in the LEM days and have never seen you this excited to be building again-- you have plenty to be proud of man. Well done!

Eduard Hellcat

I think the fact that this is your second aircraft nearly finished in all of a month....and the fact that as long as I've known of you since way back in the LEM days and have never seen you this excited to be building again-- you have plenty to be proud of man. Well done!

Thanks Mike.

Yeah that Albatros woke up something in me. Or maybe it was turning 50. Either way I'm enjoying the bench time, but mainly because i just simplified it. I remember as a kid, buying a kit on a Saturday morning and having to fold up the Pactra-covred card table by the time Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was on (the death knell for the weekend) Sunday night. Yeah, I now have better equipment and bench, but I want to build like that again.

Well this one's in the books with the prop decals.

I got an idea when I was grabbin' photos:

Here's sunrise on the Lexington...

hfcd3847.jpg

h472e794.jpg

A regular pics to show I really did finish it:

hce51744.jpg

hbfcb1e2.jpg

Prop and lights:

hc6acaaa.jpg

Eduard Hellcat

Thanks Mike.

Yeah that Albatros woke up something in me. Or maybe it was turning 50. Either way I'm enjoying the bench time, but mainly because i just simplified it. I remember as a kid, buying a kit on a Saturday morning and having to fold up the Pactra-covred card table by the time Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom was on (the death knell for the weekend) Sunday night. Yeah, I now have better equipment and bench, but I want to build like that again.

Well this one's in the books with the prop decals.

I got an idea when I was grabbin' photos:

Here's sunrise on the Lexington...

hfcd3847.jpg

h472e794.jpg

A regular pics to show I really did finish it:

hce51744.jpg

hbfcb1e2.jpg

Prop and lights:

hc6acaaa.jpg
When I saw those first 2 pictures I immidiately started hearing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNNC4bpRyHg

Looks great (y)