• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard F-4f3 FINISHED

paddy

I have been doing this build on another forum but following on from my P-51 with resin extras i thought it might interest some as this has 3D print extras.

_DSC7805.JPG

_DSC7774.JPG

These are the 3D engine parts

_DSC7793.JPG

Most of the parts separated from their supports and given a base coat of black MRPN

_DSC7801.JPG

_DSC7802.JPG

Kit fuselage with std bulkhead removed with scalpel
_DSC7803.JPG

Test fit of 3D print bulkhead

Last edited:
_DSC7808_01.JPG

_DSC7809.JPG

Engine has PE ignition wires, if i had my time again i would try and fit round wires. I have replaced the links between the heads with copper wire painted silver. Bulkhead is now US navy light grey.

DSC_0138.JPG

I broke the chain drives on the undercarriage bulkhead in to a dozen pieces removing them from their 3D frame as the frame parts were thicker and stronger than the chain....here carefully pieced together under a magnifying glass with super glue and tweezers.f

Love it Paddy, ah the memories this brings back. You would have thought they had done the chains in PE. :popcorn

More surgery today
I have to say i really dont like carving out gun bays, way to much to go wrong and a scrap build if it does....even now i have a few surplus holes on the LHS wing that will need filing
DSC_0182.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0177.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

Here are some out of focus :) pictures of the gun bays and guns balanced in place.

DSC_0185.JPG

and dry fitted in the holes i cut in the wings, they are not perfect but there is a PE frame work that goes over the top and will tidy it all up later

I also cut the kit flaps off the lower wings.
DSC_0186.JPG

As you all know i am not a fan of panel line especially "highlighted" panel lines with pencils that are way out of scale.

However
the surface detail on this Eduard klit is so fine i thought it just might work so gave it a go.

I gave it a general splurge of Ammo PLW

DSC_0247.JPG

And followed it up with a polish with a fry cloth and cotton buds

DSC_0250.JPG

This kit has the Eduard decals with the removable carrier film,....what could possibly go wrong :)

Back