• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard F-4f3 FINISHED

That is really turning out nice Paddy!
Jack says YES.gif

Maybe Rhino but the lighting is not good in that last photo, i think with its flat coat and better lighting it will look about right but then i never really know with foreign camos and finishes as i have only seen pictures. I do see RAF finishes on forums that are a million miles off so i know exactly where you are coming from :)

Well really getting out of my comfort zone as i take on the role of...Jesus !!

Well a carpenter anyway :)

Quite why i feel the need to put a wooden frame round a wooden frame i'm not sure but the Wildcat needs to be on a carrier deck so i have used 3mm spruce,. 3mm x 48 scale gives me 150mm planks or about 6 inch. Not sure what colour this should be, UK carriers had metal decks. research says US ships hjad teak decks. research also gives about 2 dozen colours so i guess it will be what looks right ?

DSC_0313.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

Of course for a few $ you can buy one of these in plastic ready painted but where is the fun in that :)

For US carriers, the deck color depends on "when" the time frame is you are building. Real early war I believe was natural wood, but that was superseded by painting it a sea blue. I know regular ships decks were painted blue for camouflage purposes. Of course the blue painted deck would get a lot of wear that would show the wood through the paint.
Then again I might be all full of it and not know what I am talking about.

Here are couple of pictures of the finished thing and i will do more when i have played about a bit more with a base :)

DSC_0339.JPG

DSC_0336.JPG

Thanks for following
I can reveal the 3D printed extra detail is very nice, no hidden nasties and a huge step forward on the old poured resin parts.
3D is has much better detail and is not nearly as brittle, it also separates from its printing frame way easier has sawing off pouring blocks

Back