• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc *DONE*

Dave inspired me and I also decided that I don't want to spray rattle cans indoors so the destroyer is on the back burner for now.

This is essentially the same kit he is building but its from the Royal Class boxing. I'll do the beer barrel one at a later date.

Spit005_zps82b3c288.jpg

:pilot

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IXc

Ha !! - Go to Britmodeller, the forums are awash with them !!.

Said it before, chaps.... difficult to beat a stripy Spitfire.

Ian

Office is done:

SpitfireInterior001_zpsb4adfd64.jpg

SpitfireInterior004_zps77bdf7c2.jpg

All buttoned up:

SpitfireInterior006_zps213b5d0e.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Primer is on:

SpitPrimer001_zps2e1172fd.jpg

I'll go ahead and shoot the panel lines today even though I always end up going too heavy when I apply the top coat and you can barely tell I did it...

Thanks, guys.

I still had a very slight seam showing over the engine cowling but I fixed it with some white glue*. Now all is as it should be.

*For anyone reading this, using white glue as a seam fixer really only works for very faint seam lines. At least in my experience.

Got the invasion stripes on. My method wasn't much different from Dave's except that I sprayed the underside coat and the ocean grey on top first:

Stripes001_zpsd0e1935e.jpg

Stripes004_zps25120e9a.jpg

I can't speak for Chef but I had a devil of a time masking around the fuselage and keeping everything straight.

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

You're right, Mike, masking invasion stripes around any fuselage ain't easy - imagine how complicated it would be on a P-38 - but remember, these stripes were painted at very short notice, at the dispersal the day before the invasion and in some cases the night before !!

Perfection isn't mandatory :good:

Ian

Back