• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

Wow , that is a very large display and still will be a snug fit .

Can't wait to see it all together :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Abdin, thanks for the explanation and the pics. They do look good. This is some tremendous work you've got going. I am stunned and amazed beyond words.

Well you really have outdone yourself ... I'm proud of you! it's your biggest project to date. And what detail !!! :woohoo:
What will your next concoction be? ... really I don't want to think about that yet.

A lot of the modelers here are amazed at the size alone (6' plus).
But you are building this kit in your roof terrace which is on the 3rd floor and the access to your Modelers Den is via a "spiral staircase" :blink Explain that to them, that will really boggle their minds! But I know that you have figured that one out.

I'm still here mesmerized by your skills and will patiently await for its completion. Good work Din! Maybe I will see it again personally.

yz6AdFz.jpg

HI! Hope everybody is ok and staying home making model kits. After a pause in Dora’s build I have started to work on it again, the decals…what a pain in the butt! The decals are made with a thick material and tends to be hard to make the edges invisible, some of the decals for the 8 cars won’t fit in the areas stated on the instructions, this tend to be a bit longer so I ended changing the location of some of it and there’s even some obvious decals that are not included on the set. After I finished with the decals the main body halves are given a dusty weathering as seen in different pictures of Dora. Dust ended in every surface of the beast every time it fired a round, so I tried to replicate this look on the kit.

7EeyZBb.jpg

TE58NDX.jpg

On this one you can see the footsteps of the crew on the surface of the car

21SCxn1.jpg

After some weathering on the body halves, I started dusting it with powders

WLQ54vP.jpg

80hTYUf.jpg

Comparison of the two halves before and after the powders

k83Qump.jpg

9lXExPz.jpg

Now I started the construction of the connection boxes and couplers

Here are all the parts for the couplers, this and the boxes are used to connect the two main body halves together

zBNIg5Z.jpg

Here the coupler is completed, there is one on each end of the body halves

7CX0EM9.jpg

A size comparison so you can have an idea how big this things are

xBsnlOL.jpg

Front and rear connection boxes, the steel cable loops are for lifting it with the giant

Cranes when assembling the gun, it was left in place after assembled

rxS1bLJ.jpg

fGoyevX.jpg

Comparison of the boxes with a figure

aSNk87C.jpg

Here the couplers are installed

9tX8jGB.jpg

The front and rear boxes and couplers are in place

3tZDJaj.jpg

YrziesE.jpg

The two halves ready to be glued together

F6GN2uZ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Bob! What was the problem anyway?
The code was a hosed up. Had broken img tags wrapped around URL tags and invalid characters in the urls.
As I said in our conversation, just use the image code, not the url and img codes. OR you're more than welcome to use our shiny new Media/Gallery system. :mpup

Simply amazing Abdin!....it´s taking shape,incridible!!!!!

Congratulations for this excelent job!

Luiz.

It's great to be seeing this again! Man, what amazing progress you made! This is a truly stupendous undertaking!

I am shattered. This kit is far beyond what I could ever attempt. I've seen a 1/72 railroad gun and thought that is was HUGE.

The real question is: Where do you put this when it is done? I was given a 1/32 Ju-88 and thought, Where the H*** am I going to put this, if I build it?

SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) saw the picture of the barrel and said: Not in MY house! I told her it would only take a 16'x10' display base and she gave me THE LOOK.

I absolutely love it.

Back