• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

spock_shocked.jpg

The 1/72 scal version that Maddog built is large enough that it is on a 5 foot long mounting board. (give or take a few inches) The 1/32 Ju88 is big but not as big as the 1/32 He111. Of course it is a LOT SMALLER than a number of other 1/32 kits in my stash.
The only builds I have seen that come up on the size this will be are Bob's super dioramas. The Dora "might" fit on the square footage of the "Logistics" base, but I suspect it would be a tight squeeze.

The 1/72 scal version that Maddog built is large enough that it is on a 5 foot long mounting board. (give or take a few inches) The 1/32 Ju88 is big but not as big as the 1/32 He111. Of course it is a LOT SMALLER than a number of other 1/32 kits in my stash.
The only builds I have seen that come up on the size this will be are Bob's super dioramas. The Dora "might" fit on the square footage of the "Logistics" base, but I suspect it would be a tight squeeze.

The wife is not turning over the living room and dining room!

Actually my 1/72 scale Dora fits on a 4 foot display board. I have it sitting on thatboard and still had a little room to add two handles to each end so I could lift it out of the wooden box (or as my friend Carlos calls it: "baby coffin"!) The 1/35th scale one sits on a six and a half foot base; I know because one guy in our club built one and that is how long his base was. He had to borrow a van to bring it to the meeting to show off.

The base I made for the model is 6.5 feet long, counting 12" for the ammo cars begind Dora. Still debating betwen two
locations to put it but still not sure. Was also thinking about splitting the base in half for easy handeling but
not sure yet what I be doing in the end. Its a big and heavy monster😁

WOW, just WOW. You have done an amazing job on this. I wanted one when it first came out but could not afford the price. I'm glad now because Now I've seen all the work that would go into it I just do not think it would be in my skill level. You on the other hand have nailed it. So impressed by the whole build so far.
James

thanks you all guys, sorry for my late response I was fixing my computer but its working again now.

James my friend just dont give up on this kit, I have said it before, its a nice kit out of the box, its me that
want to make it closer to the real thing and my love with scratch building parts and details for my kits.

I'll second that question. There aint no way....no WAY I'd ever tackle a build like this.....BUT.....I can sure tip my hat to anyone that's got the stones to do it.
Joe, Abdin's project is over the top, but you should really checkout some of Bob Letterman's threads on building Logistics. It "WILL" blow your mind!

There are exceptional builders on MA and the wonderful thing about it is everyone shares what they do and how they do it.

Just one second.gif

Back