• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dora 1/35

HI to all, work on the ram base continues, the two rail pieces on the loading platform are removed as this parts goes attached to the ram body and not to the loading platform.

The loading platform
ZT5ZyFQ.jpg

The rails are cut flush
zFhpskD.jpg

sN3wu8e.jpg

Using a piece of channel the new rail pieces are glued to the ram base, a piece of styrene rod 10mm x 3.3 dia. is used to support the back of each rail.
3KLjIPR.jpg

The channel is glued so that when the platform is in the raised position the rails are almost touching the platform and aligned to the rails on the platform.
KhAb7Ph.jpg

rFHvvve.jpg

bOjg9IK.jpg

Now the side of the ram base gets some missing detail, a piece of styrene in the shape of U is made and
Glued to each side.

pmxHlwv.jpg

extzcTa.jpg

Next the second cut is done at 19mm, and the final cuts 10mm up from the center line
imTSYzk.jpg

Here the two cut parts
tAHQ9m9.jpg

The parts are glued to each side of the ram base
di0PYjV.jpg

Verlinden resin bolt heads complete the details
ZX2LiKW.jpg

The reference photo
hIj35hN.jpg

All the closed holes are drilled out on each side
fmFKNL3.jpg

Now I started to make the control box? And pipes on the ram base

The box measurements are a guess looking at the photos of the area, I made it 5x5x8mm
v4FL9FT.jpg

The box is made from square styrene rod and styrene disks used where the pipes connect to it
IeVEEI5.jpg

Next the pipes are made from copper wire and glued in place, two 3x3x8 blocks are glued under the ram
Base and pipes connected to it.
mFzArMz.jpg

LkmaYkh.jpg

VgB4yB4.jpg

x1Lr9WH.jpg

Two small valves? Are simulated with verlinden bolts
t5Jah4M.jpg

The control level is made with styrene rod, brass tube and styrene disks. I think it is a control level
But it also looks like a socket wrench, so again is my guess.
g3NHENJ.jpg

There are lifting cables stored on the ram base, so I made the cables with picture wire and tape
6xceZw2.jpg

Here the cables are placed on the side of the base
sjCm0yS.jpg

WBgjlvR.jpg

Some reference photos
uZEPnia.jpg

f5GhAf1.jpg

The wheel at the back of the base is installed and it received handles made from cooper wire
qoGygMH.jpg

bQenYcK.jpg

pdnKQJR.jpg

With the ram base finished I started detailing the breech block

Here is the breech block assembled, the two cranks rods at each side are too short and need to be
Replaced so that the handles can clear the sides of the block.
MfNWU2Z.jpg

Here is the fix
zWwbHaj.jpg

g6M7gfJ.jpg

w0CXxOs.jpg

Now the breech bar receives some details, the edge needs to have the same curvature as the shell hole
5IED3vb.jpg

ZRMxf1V.jpg

With the breech closed I marked the circumference of the hole
3QzTXHG.jpg

Then moving the block to the center I marked the new curvature
2HAOlTh.jpg

Here are the two marks
LgkDQdI.jpg

Using the dremmel I removed the plastic to the new shape
4AUX4jQ.jpg

C5cBjaV.jpg

Next a piece of .40 styrene sheet is cut to shape and glued in place
dkAU3K4.jpg

I used a PVC coupling and rubber bands to hold the styrene in place until the glue dries
10zyYq1.jpg

After sanding the edges smooth it looks like this
5DYjUZC.jpg

Now the curves match
rQBDkmr.jpg

After finding the center I drilled a 15/64 hole
fkA9rj5.jpg

Two disk are made with the punch, one 2mm and 4mm
zuMICaC.jpg

The disks are glued together
CGrr825.jpg

I used a 5.3mm washer and glued the disks to it
VTv3RGL.jpg

c9Vg8Da.jpg

It is now glued to the block
tRKHyVx.jpg

A 10mm hole is made and an 8.5 mm disk is glued in it with two small holes at the bottom
l1gh6uc.jpg

Now it all looks like this
KIcSPoz.jpg

iELJ9Qj.jpg

This is a long update, a lot has being made and closing to the painting stage.

Thanks for looking

Abdin

Loss of words...:notworthy

Stunning work man. I keep thinking back on my 1/72 scale build of this and realize how easy I had it. You are doing a far more tremendous job on this magnificent beast.

thanks to you all guys, already fixed the problem with the photos not showing.previous posts are being fixed also
:good:

looking forward to being able to view them again! I have the same issue going on my Ontos build, I need to get all that fixed!

I am hoping the Boricua Boys are fine in Puerto Rico but have not heard from them.

Fledermaus is from Mayaguez which is one of the towns I am expecting to hear news from... nothing yet. Further North is Rincón which (from aerial views) seems to have been spared the worst but is cut off from the other towns due to debris blocking the roads. Aguadilla, further NorthEast was hit hard and has lots of flooding.

Regards,

Finally got an update with video about Mayaguez. Lots of wind and water damage but no reported loss of life.

Regards,

I am hoping the Boricua Boys are fine in Puerto Rico but have not heard from them.

Fledermaus is from Mayaguez which is one of the towns I am expecting to hear news from... nothing yet. Further North is Rincón which (from aerial views) seems to have been spared the worst but is cut off from the other towns due to debris blocking the roads. Aguadilla, further NorthEast was hit hard and has lots of flooding.

Regards,

Keeping our friends and families in our thoughts. :zen :zen

Hi guys!!

Finally being able to connect, im running from a generator as we still have no power and no water since the storm, almost The hole Island got hit hard by maria, we got winds in the 130-140 mph range, the storm took more than 24 hours to pass over the Island. It was something impressive. Now hopping to get power this comming week, thanks to you all and will try to connect again soon.

Abdin

Great to hear you're OK Abdin.

Keep in touch and let us know how everything is coming along!

You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Bob

Back