• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Dicker Max WIP

Now that's a good trick Bob
That darn wire DML gives you is crap. That was the only copper wire I had but it's a bit to large I think. I had to twist the ends pretty tight to get it in the towing eyes.

I glued the ends on with Gator Grip so I could pull them off if I didn't like the looks of it and surenuff I don't. I think i've got some of that beading wire and I think its multi-strand too,i'll look tomorrow.

Thanks for the kick start buddy
Tony lee:)

Be careful of copper wire because it will snap on too much pressure..ask me how I know..

That beading wire is pretty tough, if you don't open the eye of the sowing needle you'll have to cut the loop to get it off. Lots of possibilities. You can get that beading wire REALLY tight braids. Again, I'll get some pictures if you don't beat me to it Tony.

I redid the cable with one less strand bundle,so what do you think about this one?:hmmm
100_0914.jpg

Thanks for looking

Looks good Tony. And as a side note after reading MP's post a hand drill will give more control than a dremel.

hand_drill_machines.jpg

James

I think i've got one of those around here somewhere. Would be easier to just go buy another one
than look for it though.:lol:

I think i've got one of those around here somewhere. Would be easier to just go buy another one
than look for it though.:lol:

I hear you. If you get one or find one just chuck a tea cup hook in it and screw a hook into something solid wind your strands and go. I made barbed wire this way once also. 2 strands then looped multiple short strands along the length of each strand then wound up. Then cut the short strands to make the barbs. Worked so well I threw it out then went and got Mom to bandage me up. She was not amused.
James

Really hard to stay at the bench with all the news coming out of Japan.:eek:hmy::(
I did manage to get the gun tube cradle options along with the radio mounting frame ready to install when the time comes.
100_0912.jpg

See Ya Later

Tony, I poked at you about making that chain workable...I have just attempted my own chain and I promise...I shall never poke at you about PE again!(y) :D

I drilled out those little holes, not all of them, just the two on either end, and spent about a hour getting them all lined up and threaded only to find I need to do it the other way...

But I'm looking forward to pokin' at it again this evenin'!

Back