• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Dicker Max WIP

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Way to cold to even try to paint so I broke this one out and dedicated it to the Blizzard of 2011.
Got this much done yesterday and working on the PE ammo lockers today.
100_0826.jpg

Back to the bench
Tony Lee:)

Cool. I've got one of these in my stash too. I'll be looking forward to seeing you work your magic on this one.

Bill

so the dml one it is you chose to start! finey! :)

you have the armorscale barrel? the gun mantle of this kit has the wrong shape but the trumpeter unfortunately cannot be used!

and i found it helpful to glue the two sidewalls in first, other than the instructions tell you! the two sidewalls way down in the fighting compartment!

The kit came with an aluminum barrel Laura. The plastic slide mold kit barrel is pretty nice so I think i'll save the aluminum barrel for something else.:D
My side walls fit almost perfect,no problems. Mantle is not correct huh,didn't know anything about that.

Let me show you folks what I got done today before I forget what I came here for.:gogo
The ammo lockers are not quite done but very close.
I closed up the left side:
100_0827.jpg

Hinges look way out of scale I might change to a smaller wire if i've got any.

I left the right side open for interest:
100_0828.jpg

Bottom of the projectile box is not sealed up yet just in case I need to get in there when I get the correct projectiles.

Location of the lockers in the fighting compartment:
100_0829.jpg

Can You Dig It?????

The kit came with an aluminum barrel Laura.

i know, i built both max kits, the trumpeter and the dml one!

i asked for the armorscale barrel because it comes with a correct mantle!

damn good job on the lockers - i only managed to mess them up royally!

$20 buck for the correct mantlet,I don't think so. The PE set was $35 dollars and no fenders that's why I used the kit fenders. Times are tough and these companies just keep raising prices for less in most cases.

Time to see what I can get into so see ya later and Thanks for the comments.

Well it didn't take long to find a show stopper.;)
I made the shell locker door to place in the storage slot below and it was too small.
It seems the Voyager PE lockers are 2mm narrower than the kit boxes. So I cut a spacer and repositioned
the kit provided PE retainer strip.
100_0830.jpg

I feel like this fix will pass so all is right with the world again.:woohoo:

Back