• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Dicker Max WIP

Hi Tony,

Apols for being MIA the past months/years. Hope all's well with you. As Saul mentioned, real life got in the way. I'm moving in to a new place in a month or so. I will be able to contribute a bit more and once I've unpacked all my books and kits.

Nice work on your Dicker Max and looking forward to following your build.

Now i've got to decide which wheel caps to use,early,late or mix and match.

As I recall, it was based on the early IV chassis and therefore fitted with the narrow 75mm roadwheels. Of all the photos I have seen, it had the early hubs save for one shot where the first wheel on left has the later hub. Thanks to Saul for picking it out on my build. See here - post #80 by Saul:
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3539&page=8

One other thing, just wondering on the ammo bin locker doors on the Voyager Set. I think the doors slid downwards to open in one piece (still attached to the ammo bin) whilst the Voyager set has them foldable in two.

OH MY GOODNESS would you looky here at who just showed up. Folks this guy was such a great help in getting me through my very first model(Jagdtiger),tech wise that is,you wouldn't believe it. (y)

I bet you didn't know just how much you've been missed Larry,good to know more folks love you than just your mother,right?

Hub caps: I've spent time looking at all the photos where you can see them and since mine is the first built I decided to use the early caps.
Yep Voyager got it all wrong so I just made the best of a bad situation and went with it. It would be easy to fix I think but I found out to late.

Since you're here,the one picture i've got that shows part of the floor at the rear, there seems to be no slats but that other one does look like slats installed. You think the picture I have is from the #1 without and the #2 has the slats???? I've got a bunch of thin balsa from my RC days so I can make a slated floor,no problem.

Man i'm so glad you made an appearance and i'll give you just enough time to unpack but that's it buddy.;)

What a surprise :woohoo:
Later big guy
Tony Lee the Mutt

Tony, both sides have slats. If you remember the thread (I pulled all my photos though) I included images of the destroyed vehicle which shows remnants of slats.

Larry, I am glad you are back, even if only to check in.

Regards,

Yeah I remember Saul that's why I ask Larry because the last time I checked you guys were still hot at it as to weather what was in the picture was a hunk of track,slat or something left over from the truck.:idonno

I think i'll make some just for the heck of it.:D
Tony lee:)

I'm not much of a carpenter but the floor got slats?????:idonno
100_0854.jpg

Break out the stain and Minwax, Tony you're just showing off with each new post! Thanks for sharing buddy.

Pup when a critic (not mentioning any names) says "You Need To" I usually follow their instructions.
I really do appreciate someone that takes their valuable time just to help me do a better job.:notworthy

"Showing Off" Why shooooo,somebody gotta do it.:woohoo: :lol:

You're Welcome my friend.
Tony lee :)

Ole Max is leaving the country so I figured I better do something to bring it back to the fold.

#1: Made the armored head lights
The kit supplied parts
100_0898.jpg

The Voyager PE lights that i'll use
100_0901.jpg

#2: The spare track links are carried on the forward part of the fenders and there are PE storage brackets supplied with the kit.
100_0902.jpg

They are a two part affair with a stair step base and a plate on top to hold the links in place with a wing nut that goes in that slot.

#3: Here's something that i've heard some people call a step to hang off the fender but it ain't.:D
It's a track installing fork to aid in pulling the new tracks over the top of the idler and return rollers.
100_0903.jpg

I was on a roll but the NASCAR race started,sorry.
See Ya Later boys and girls

this is just stunning - you know that, right :) ... keep it going please, I already learned a lot!

OK guys i'll keep it coming but if you learn something don't blame it on me,it might be wrong.:lol:

Thanks

Right fender dressed out including the tail light today.
100_0904.jpg

Tried to make the jack block look like it was three pieces of wood and not just one hunk.
100_0906.jpg

Thanks

Back