• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DML Dicker Max WIP

From all indications the DML has a larger edge over the Trumpeter kit. The Trumpeter can be built into a very nice Max but it'll take a little extra effort.

Thanks everybody but it's time to go back to the bench.
Tony Lee:)

Snowing again.:(
So I did some inside:
100_0831.jpg

And some outside:
100_0832.jpg

That's it for today folks

Absolutely awesome Tony. Always a treat to see you work. No matter what you say in my books your a master with PE and detailing. (y) (y) (y)
James

Sure do James,the wife gives me an allowance and I haven't gotten a raise in months and months,she says
it's the bad economy to blame.:idonno

Oh come on Saul,a high stepper like you and litte elbow grease with some Elfin Magic you'll have a winner.:woohoo:

Thanks guys

Oh come on Saul,a high stepper like you and little elbow grease with some Elfin Magic you'll have a winner.

Tony, this kit requires John Cleese type of high stepping, enough to pull a groin!
12Days6Cleese.jpg

See here:
PzSFLIVA01.jpg

Upper Hull Mess.
PzSFLIVA02.jpg

I had to insert the glacis peice from the crappy first release Dragon Pz IV Ausf E (about the only thing that kit was good for was parts.
PzSFLIVA03.jpg

Hull tub as it comes, why did they make this stuff up?
PzSFLIVA04.jpg

Corrections made but unfinished.
PzSFLIVA05.jpg

Treadplate goes into the fighting compartment!
PzSFLIVA06.jpg

Fuel filler ports were wrong. This is how I corrected them.
PzSFLIVA07.jpg

Rear plate as it comes...
PzSFLIVA08.jpg

First step of correcting it when I ran out of steam. The three pieces at the bottom are from the aforementioned Dragon kit.

Maybe one day I will take it off the shelf. Or simply get the DML kit if I want it in my collection.

Regards,

Well I guess if you're going for scale accuracy Trumpeter is not the way to go but i've seen some nice oob
builds of it.

That guy was a high stepper alright,I had forgotten about him doing that.:lol:

I had one but I guess I gave it away or sent it back for a refund,I don't see it in the stash,it's been awhile.

See Ya Later

Man those folks sure did believe in using boxes.:hmmm I had to make a few more today and while I was at it the seat frames went together too.
100_0833.jpg

The back rest work too,sexy huh.:eek:hmy:
100_0834.jpg

Hot Dang Super Bowl Sunday is just about here.:woohoo:
May the best team win
Tony lee:)

Tony you sound as enthusiastic as I am about the superbowl.

Love all the brass work and the working seat backs are just gravy!

Well Tony Lee,I love what you are doing to 'fat Maximillian'.(y)
Will follow this right to the end!

Greetings,Ron.

Tony, do you plan to mark it as Brummbär? I know many people call it Dicker Max but it never had that name. I am not sure where it came from.

"Panzerjäger-Abteilung (Sfl.) 521's commander, Oberleutnant Kurt Hildebrandt relates that the two 12.8cm Sf. were called Max and Moritz by the troops while the only surviving 10.5cm Sf. was called Brummbär." - Panzer Tracts No. 7-3 Panzerjäger (7.5cm Pak 40/4 to 8.8cm Waffenträger) development and employment from 1939 to 1945 by Thomas L. Jentz and Hilary L. Doyle.

I see you already posted on the Lawrence Quah build over at Planet Armor, here is the link (which has a bunch of reference images):

Looking through my books, I do not see either name on the vehicle though...

Regards,

Last edited:
Lately i've just been calling it "Max".
I wonder what happen to Larry????? He was a real asset to a forum and he just up and left.
I was following his build back then and I think his ego took a hit from a couple of guys trying to help.

I sure miss all the tech info he provided for us.

Tony lee:)

I miss the information as well so I sent him an e-mail and invitation to see what he is up to these days.

Regards,

As I thought, real life got in the way of Larry's hobby. His kits are in storage. I did invite him to visit this thread. Hopefully, things will get sorted and the builds will resume (here would be nice too ;)).

Regards,

If he came back it would be nice to have him. I e-mailed him a couple of times but I don't think I
ever got an answer from him.

Back