• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DH88 Black Magic

what in the world is this!
That firewall looking thing with the fuel tank looking thing protruding out? That's exactly what it is. :bash:

1616373042768.png

After repeated fit, sand and repeat I thought I had it secure in the floor so I got glue primed on both sides and ready to install the wing root assembly. Got everything lined up and spread some CA around the seam and filled in minor gaps with the filler stuff. Got finished and what was on the bench? The firewall! Screw it! By the time I get the cowl and canopy on you can't see a dang thing in there. I couldn't pull this apart now if I had to.

Next up, wings baby!

Last edited:
Having to fill in trailing edge of the top of the engine cowls using the ol' CA and whatever the filler stuff is. Cleaning up real nice.

1616982356752.png

Had a real special guest in the shop today. After corrupting him a couple of weeks ago with an Airfix Spitfire my 12 year old Great Nephew Gideon wanted to build another model. His Dad picked up a Lindberg T 55 and some other tools and the G Man refused to let him help. He wanted Uncle Bob to teach him. :blush:
I know, what in the world will I be able to teach him? :rotf

1616982537489.png

I told him it'll be a good chance to use my Russian Green because I've never used it. He's already got the lower hull finished and our next session will be the turret and suspension.

Last edited:
Yeah everyone know modeling is a gateway to bigger things :blink on the serious side it awesome to see him take an interest. Did he finish the plane you gave him a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah everyone know modeling is a gateway to bigger things :blink on the serious side it awesome to see him take an interest. Did he finish the plane you gave him a couple of weeks ago?
He said he lost a gear strut (welcome to the club kid :rotf ) and has not painted it yet. I told him to bring it next time and we'll get'er painted. Think I'm going to get him a tool box for his supplies so he's more mobile.

That rocks Bob! I'm glad to see him fostering an interest here. Keep it going as long as you can. After all, studies have shown that kids who build models do better in school.

Keep it coming Bob!

Totally not going to make the deadline but i'm gonna git'er done. Working the wing root panel lines I couldn't get them consistant. One side was thicker so I figured screw it. Seal them both up. Got tamiya putty drying as we speak.

This is test fit of the wings.

1617136484054.png

You can see the port side is nice and tight at the wing root.

Starboard is thicker and not very smooth.
1617136541523.png

Back