• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

HA, found US Dental Depot, searched and they have Foredom tools. :rotf.

Not so much worried about flex shaft getting bound up on plastic.

Not a huge fan of flex-shafts. See if you can test drive one somewhere before you buy...

Woodcraft store up in Greenville, think I can lay hands on there. I like the idea of being able to swap hand piece and just don't think I will need the power to drill teeth or mount diamonds.

HA, found US Dental Depot, searched and they have Foredom tools. :rotf.

Not so much worried about flex shaft getting bound up on plastic.

Not a huge fan of flex-shafts. See if you can test drive one somewhere before you buy...

Woodcraft store up in Greenville, think I can lay hands on there. I like the idea of being able to swap hand piece and just don't think I will need the power to drill teeth or mount diamonds.

Lab handpieces do not drill teeth or mount diamonds. Drills used on teeth turn 450,000 RPM, Dental lab handpieces turn at most 40,000 RPM. Mounting diamonds in settings is done by hand... I think you need to do more research. :frantic

I know some people are fixated on their tools but.... :blink ...That didn't come out right...so let me try again.

What about Proxxon power tools? I know you were looking into them at one time not to long ago...Just my $00.02.

:v

I know some people are fixated on their tools but.... :blink ...That didn't come out right...so let me try again.

What about Proxxon power tools? I know you were looking into them at one time not to long ago...Just my $00.02.

I like my Proxxon foam cutter...

They got a lathe... :good: :blink :blink :frantic :tomato :tomato

Rigging.

I've been kicking this down the road too long.

I've been using the black streachy stuff, name escapes me right now, and the Gaspach turnbuckles. To me, they just look over stated.

I'm going with the Bob's Buckles. Got a slew of pipe and eyelets. I know I could have made both these myself but I could have build the airplane from scratch also...besides Bob Booth appreciates the business. :good:

h8aaa500.jpg

Pretty much got one of each size and some in the silver nickle.

I've struggled with rigging on all my previous builds and this might be why.

hac8cbb3.jpg

This is what I was working out of. Picking up stuff. It's a mess.

So I cruised over to Hobby Lobby today to check things out. Found this nice pallet.

ha36cc70.jpg

12 cups with lids on them, perfect for what I was thinking. So I got organized.

h9f72029.jpg

So I think tomorrow I'll be making some rigging lines to get started. :pilot

Still not happy...

h43a620a.jpg

They just seem too big. Yes I fixed the one that snapped.

I'm anchoring the line and then building the turn buckle, finding that easier to work with.

Saw another technique where a guy is just using anchor points and then applying CA up the fishing line about 2mm then builds up CA for thickness then paints it to look like turnbuckle.

Don't know that they are too big Bob but they do appear very long but I'm no biplane expert :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

I don't know nearly enough about wires and turnbuckles on WWI biplanes to comment either way. All I can say is that to my eyes, they look fine.

Other side done for the most part.

h753af58.jpg

Doing this has given me some ideas how to handle the much more complex Eindecker. :coolio

Still looking good. You're really making me want to pull out my Albie and work on it. Sigh.
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

They wouldn't let me get that close.

Here's some on the upper wing.
h448946a.jpg

Here are the ones at the wing root.

h53b5ef9.jpg

Might be over doing it with the tubes

Back