• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

decal printing- anybody here do this?

kryptosdaddy

Columbia has no one that offers this service, so i thought I would ask. I already have the masters, two sheets -one BW the other mostly red with some yellow. I made these myself since they dont exist anywhere!

If anyone needs, I'll post them here. thanks. CR

you can find the decalpaper and print them yourself, i bought papers but haven't tried to print anything yet.
//Mats

I have done this once, it worked ok but not for small items- this sheet has a few of those. I may copy the sheet on my machine and just touch up the rest. Thanks CR

I did try one last night, but it came out about 1/3 to small! I have a Cannon MX800, picked it up last Nov. so it hasnt even seen a cart change- but now I'm almost out of my colors.

Staples took my masters off a flash drive yesterday and gave me two very nice copies each of this and my font sheet for $2.00 I'm not advertizing them, they have a store 1/2 mile from the house! - each sheet has doubles of each set so I'll be sure to have spares in case things dissolve or however else they decide to punish me for my efforts!

This was done on a half sheet of Bare Metal Foils ink jet paper, this is what our local carries...

decal_test_001.jpg

It's not that bad, but I wanted something crisper, the little swords are 3/8 of an inch long (or right at a CM for those overseas)If I want to do another set to try and fix the size issue, I'll need more paper and more ink! at 2.50 a sheet this stuff gets costly. Dam hobby, I should take up something cheap like fishing! :drinks

Another thing about this sheet^^^ is there anything you can spray on these to stop that cracking? Reasons like this is why i want to try a service.

Back