• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA ENTRY-Von Bulow- Viking Raider

Von Bulow

G'Day All,

Never let it be said i do anything fast, i didnt start having kids until i was 35 so starting this crusade 2 months after it began is typical of me.
As some of you are aware i've offered up a Viking Longboat for a donated prize and keeping with that theme i'm going to tap out a quick single figure build (not like me at all).
So after months of tenative will he?, wont he? Here we go.............

CTA_Viking_Raider.png
[/img]

Sorry for the late start MP!

What, it's only 18 degrees in Sydney!? :rotf

That's neat, so it's an app that overlays current time and conditions over the picture you take from your iphone.

Never too late to start Adrian :popcorn

Hi Guys, quick update on my progress. Firstly i must say iv've never done a white metal figure before and
as a resin freak was a bit worried about putting the brush in the water :pinch:

I am now an offical fan of Andrea Minatures and white metal in general, the kit is clean,crisp and required minimal clean up :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

First undercoat of enamel

thumb_photo28129.JPG

While waiting for that to dry got onto a basic base!

thumb_photo28329.JPG

Waiting around for everything to dry nicely :java then onto the oils!!! :yipee

thumb_photo28229.JPG

Trying to get this done without rushing, got a rather large 1/35 dio on the go and have to go back to work next Monday after 3 months long service leave :bang head :bang head :bang head

I'll keep the updates coming, any feedback good or bad appreciated! :hmmm

Sorry for the small photos, messing aroung with the I-5 :bang head

Adrian

Hey All, quick update bigger photo! Now afixed to the base, shield,sword,dagger and some accessory pillaged
booty then some cosmetic tidying up and i'm calling this one done!
i promise better photos then the whistle blows! :blush:

normal_photo28429.JPG

Thanks for looking! :v

Adrian

Re: CTA ENTRY-Von Bulow- Viking Raider - Done!

Hey All,

Done!

I truely believe this is the first project where Olive Drab or Field Grey didn't wet a brush of mine!

So without further BS here it is:

photo28829.JPG

Clearly following a rampage along the Irish Coast (NB sack of potatoes!) :rotf

Rear:
photo28929.JPG

Overview:
photo281029.JPG

Thanks for looking, as i said when MP started talking about CTA i lost my mother in 2008 to cancer, so Mum if your watching this ones for you! (y)

Now the hard part! What next! :gogo :hmmm :gogo :hmmm

photo28529.JPG

Regards to all,

Adrian

Oh I see, you're catching the thumbnail images, I'll change it later while at work Adrian

Got you fixed Adrian. :coolio

Thanks MP, you the man!

Maybe i'll get the next one right! :drinks

Adrian

Looks good. (y) (y) (y)
Any of the new 3 would be good. I have a couple of the pin ups, just too scared of painting flesh to try them yet.
James

Back