• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

der Spatzfalke! The operational Ho-229

Einfach ausgezeichnet! Dein Spatzfalke sieht einfach wunderschön aus.

Really you are outdoing yourself Paul. Your weathering in the landing gear ist exquisite. I am sorry I missed it so far. Will be watching closely.

Cheers

Alex

Man that is just crazy the work you are doing on this thing! My eyebrows went up when i saw the ammo placement in relation to the engine - can we say Design Flaw?

Thanks for looking in Jeff!

Alex! So good to see you popping in again my friend! Your painting is getting much better and I like the recent builds you have done! Thanks for looking in as well.

Bruce, the guns and ammo containers are added in to the design by ZM. The gun positioning is OK and could have been a likely point to put the guns. However, the ammo bin placement was done by someone that did NOT do any research or have any background in making things actually work. It should have always been outboard of the guns. With the bins and loading chutes as in the kit you can't open the breeches to load the ammo as the chutes are over them. It is too bad that this was originally just another prototype machine. ZM just tacked on some armament without any real thought as to how it could function. I will be correcting that and it will take a bit of work on the roots of the wings.

Remember, if you like any of the posts simply hit the like button on the post to let me know.

Just bumping this for the new folks. I will be getting back to it after the current tank build.
Glad you did. I had one of these in my stash but recently sold it because I want a 1/48 version of it. Just don't have any display room for the larger 32nd scale stuff. Very good looking progress on this one so far. Looking forward to more.

Glad you did. I had one of these in my stash but recently sold it because I want a 1/48 version of it. Just don't have any display room for the larger 32nd scale stuff. Very good looking progress on this one so far. Looking forward to more.
Hey Joe, currently working on a little Pzkw1 tank for our "Tankers Tangle" armor build. It is a kit from Russia of all places and definitely not a good kit for a casual modeler. Challenging but not insurmountable, and the challenges always tech me something worthwhile.

Part of what has me stalled on this is creating and mounting the ammo box. I scratch built an ammo box from some sheet brass that I think will work. Just have to design and build all the little stuff to mount it as well as latches. In looking at other WW2 German aircraft, many loaded the ammo from under the wings or underside. The Fw190 and Bf109 are two good examples of this. It was good to look at this again to get me thinking about how I am going to do this.

I hear you. My Arado Blitz had me stalled for 3 friggin' years on trying to figure out how to attach the nose assy and make it all look clean. Glad you're back on this one.

Not back on it yet Mustang, but am thinking about it again. Spent the last 2 days working on track links for a rather marginal Russian kit of a WW2 German tank.

head beat on wall.gif

Back