• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA entry - gioazz US tanker on sherman

gioazz

Ciao a tutti,

I'm so glad I'm joining this campaign, the subject is the one I've sculpted based on this Life magazine photo.

1ed17122f8f9b434_large.jpg

The turret has been done by a friend of mine and now he's painting it.

Sorry for the crappy picture of the figure in front of the PC, but I couldn't make a better one, anyway I've attached a good one, done under the proper lights setting...

DSCN2519.JPG

_DSC2165.JPG

Ciao

Giovanni

Cool!!

We had a tanker veteran come into our school and tell the story of how they found the place Hitler lived in before becoming the dictator we despise and he found a top hat that belonged to Adolf...he stomped on it and then decided to keep it as a souvenir...wonder if it is the same guy...would be neat!

Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of the process, with my entry.

The face is almost done, still few touch up to do.

The turret was built and painted by a friend of mine.

Let me know what you think.

Ciao

Giovanni

_DSC2501.JPG

_DSC2503.JPG

_DSC2502.JPG

Well, I am certainly impressed, Giovanni. Your ability to sculpt and bring a figure to life is so inspiring. Very weel done, indeed! (y)

Ciao a tutti,

I'm keep on painting, this one will be a quick one, because I love it and because there are not so many accessories to paint.

I've kind of finished the uniform, I will surely use a matt varnish to tone down the shine and I will adjust the shadows and highlights.

Let me know what you think and thank you so much for your kind words.

Ciao

Giovanni

_DSC2519.JPG

_DSC2520.JPG

_DSC2528.JPG

Thanks so much guys,

I'm really enjoing this little piece, at this pace I think I will start another project soon!

Ciao

Giovanni

Ciao a tutti,

I'm keep on working on the tanker, we are almsot there, I just miss the top hat, retouch the black around the tank and review the overall figure.

Let me know what you think.

Ciao

Giovanni

_DSC2530.JPG

_DSC2531.JPG

_DSC2532.JPG

_DSC2533.JPG

_DSC2534.JPG

_DSC2535.JPG

_DSC2536.JPG

Back