• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA entry - Sturmtiger - gioazz/Tony lee

gioazz

Ciao a tutti,

Here is my second entry, an amazing AFV Sturmtiger with lots of aftermarkets goodies, built by our Tony, that also will be my second attempt of painting a tank!!

I've bought this model, but I'm not great in putting things together, so I've asked Tony to do it for me.

He did an amazing job, and now I'll try to give this beauty justice with my painting skills (if any)..

I hope this will be ok for you guys.

Ciao

Giovanni

IMG-20121113-00092.jpg

Glad to see we are going to finally get a look at it! :eek:hyeah Looking forward to seeing this one come together. (y) :drinks

Giovanni :eek:hyeah :woohoo: (y)

Pup, thinking the worst from making such a long trip and how it might be handled along the way I lined the box with bubble wrap. The tank was placed in a cocoon of bubble wrap and then those little air bags were used to isolate the model from the sides of the box so it couldn't move around what so ever.

Prayer and Priority Mail did the rest.

Now comes the best part,hanging on every progress report. :coolio
Tony lee
PS:
It was a pleasure Giovanni

Expectations will be sky high on this one. :woohoo:

Looking forward on,no doubt,Giovanni's superb finish! (y)

[mighty fine job you did,Tony] (y)

Greetings,Ron.

AS they say "You ain't seen nothing yet"

I hope Giovanni doesn't mind if I tell off on him but I will anyway. :hmmm
The ST has a full interior front to back that he thought was a shambles so he was just going to close it all up,you know the idea was "Out of sight out of mind".

Well I fooled him :evil: Everything was repaired and the access doors and hatches were drilled and pinned so they can be left open to view the interior,engine and all.

He's got a lot of painting to do so don't expect this project to be finished overnight.
It'll be worth the wait I assure you.
It's your turn Giovanni,I know you have the talent to dazzle the masses. :D
Tony lee

AS they say "You ain't seen nothing yet"

I hope Giovanni doesn't mind if I tell off on him but I will anyway. :hmmm
The ST has a full interior front to back that he thought was a shambles so he was just going to close it all up,you know the idea was "Out of sight out of mind".

Well I fooled him :evil: Everything was repaired and the access doors and hatches were drilled and pinned so they can be left open to view the interior,engine and all.

He's got a lot of painting to do so don't expect this project to be finished overnight.
It'll be worth the wait I assure you.
It's your turn Giovanni,I know you have the talent to dazzle the masses. :D
Tony lee

Lots of pressure on me!!!

Right, let's start with the good news first, the model is amazing, and Tony, as you can see did n amazing job.

I was really scared to work on this beauty, I was afraid to make a disaster and...

DISASTER has struck!

I was trying to take the wheels off so I could paint them, because the wheels are not coming off easily, I did pull to much and the tank fell off...

Many of the really tiny and fragile things inside the tank broke off, plus the front and rear fender snap off and bend (and some parts are now missing in action......

Thankfully no other damage happened on the rest of the tank.

So I had to take the really bad decision to paint the tank close.

The only thing I can leave open are the rear compartments but the engine, from the tank workshop is not as nice as the rest of the tank, shame..

What I'll do, is to paint the tank in action with an unusual colour scheme, already discussed with Tony.

I'm sorry for the mess Tony, I promise you I'll do my best to not let you down on the rest!

I feel soooooooo bad.

Giovanni

Oh well all is not lost Giovanni and besides NO where on your birth certificate does it say life will be easy.
My second build fell to a concrete floor and it took me two or three days to find all the parts but as you can see the over haul turned out OK.

100_0090.jpg

100_0089.jpg

You can do it but finish removing the wheels first :)

Take Care
Tony lee

November must be the month of flying models. :blink I lost my StuH off the paint stand, smashed into the floor. Almost back on track now. Like the saying goes, if it was easy, anyone could do it. (y)

Ciao a tutti,

Finally I've amended few mistakes and I've start painting the beast.

I've replaced few things with PE parts and rebuilt few things that were damaged.

I decided to leave the tank without fenders.

The original idea was to make the Sturmtiger number 19! As far as we know only 18 have been built, mine is the 19th, the chassis is a late and faded Tiger 1, the upper hull will be only red primed.

The tank had just the basecoat and the camouflage of the lower part, I will have to work on the upper part spraying the Red primer.

The tank will be in campaign, so lots of weathering, dust, dirt and damages..

Hope you like it so far.

Thanks

Giovanni

_DSC2660.JPG

_DSC2659.JPG

_DSC2658.JPG

Hello Guys, Awesome build Tony, if Giovanni would quit trying to dribble it like a basketball we should be in for a wonderful model :
bgrin :D :D :D

Randy

Back