• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Contrail 1/72 Handley Page hP-42 Vac form

Looking good Phil, thought the wood grain I'm not so sure about. I think you need longer strokes on the grain. I'm not sure what mahogany is suppose to look like, maybe I'm wrong and the grain is like this.

WEll Mahogany is a tight-grained wood so I don't think there would be much figure on prop-grade Mahogany.The neck of my guitar is Mahogany and it dosen't have much figure like curly maple or ash.
2009_0831Spock0201.jpg

I had to make,primer and paint 2 more braces for the landing gear.I swear Handley-Page built this thing like a tank!
2010_0524Spock0071.jpg

I still have to make the mounts for the fenders but I put on the wheels and propped it up on a Lego block.Lookin' good!
2010_0524Spock0142.jpg

I was finally able to resume work on this beast!I mounted up the wheels.Next Up: Prepare the tail assembly for installation.
2010_0606Spock0040.jpg

I mounted up the lower engines today and placed the props into the engines for the photos.I won't mount the upper engines and props until all of the other work is done.
2010_0608Spock0083.jpg

Thanks! It is somewhat obscure although Airfix did produce a 1/144 scale version.They have Youtube videos of it taking off and due to that huge top wing it just seems to leap into the air!

Back