• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Contrail 1/72 Handley Page hP-42 Vac form

Unmasked today.Sure looks like the waterline of a ship ,dosen't it?
2010_0409Spock0138.jpg
2010_0409Spock0139.jpg

Today I started the process of attaching the top wing.I used 2-part epoxy to attch the outer wing struts and engine to lower wing struts.i have to obtain more strut material to custom fit the engine to fuselage struts as well as fabricate extensions to allow some of the shorter struts to reach the top wing. Here is a pic
2010_0423Spock0053.jpg

Very nice. The old aircraft sure have a lot of character, something the new plastic jets seem to lack. She's looking beautiful.
James

Thanks guys!I have never built a kit quite like this,and I've built hundreds of kits the last 35 plus years!I've built vac-forms but they were monoplanes!Plus the bi-planes I've built have been 1/48 fighters and they only have from 6-8 struts!(never built a tri-plane)I'll never forget this one for sure!

Ok! after a long delay I re-started this project.I got the engines painted and black-washed and painted the props to represent mahogany.
2010_0516Spock0071.jpg

I decided to use heavy gauge,solid core wire for my exhaust pipes.The wire is the correct diameter and after I stripped the insulation off the end it fit in the whole I drilled in the engine block.I painted them with Model Master Rust followed by Burnt Metal metallizer.
2010_0518Spock0071.jpg

Back