• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Commando car, winter battle

thanks James :) almost messed it up now, made the glasses for the headlamps with crystal clear and can i say more than i had that stuff a little everywhere! grrr, but i managed to clean it off puhh!
Pictures to come later.
//Mats

I managed to do a little work on this one in the weekend B)
continued to work on the lights and some decals.
P1090151.JPG

And then crystal clear again (this time it went better :silly: )
P1090156.JPG

And here it is now with wheels!!
Just put them on tonight and they need a little work to not look to blinky.
P1090188.JPG

Small things but it takes time when there is so much thats waiting :bang head
//Mats

Very cool Mats. Are those pe chains or resin tires with chains? I like em (y) (y) (y)
James
Thanks everyone! :drinks
James, it's resin wheels with chains, and i'm very impressed with the details on them, just had to modify them a little bit to fit the Italeri jeep.

//Mats

I managed to do a little work on this one in the weekend B)
continued to work on the lights and some decals.
P1090151.JPG

And then crystal clear again (this time it went better :silly: )
P1090156.JPG

And here it is now with wheels!!
Just put them on tonight and they need a little work to not look to blinky.
P1090188.JPG

Small things but it takes time when there is so much thats waiting :bang head
//Mats

Ooh yeah,like it,Mats! (y) (y) (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks! was adding some snow today.... let's see tomorrow what it looks like :hmmm :unsure:
I used tamiya snow effect and so far it looked pretty ok but not sure until it's completely dry.
//Mats

Ok so here are some more pics of what has happened... :huh:
Started to cut the base from isolation, it's going to be a small snowy road and a froozen creek at the bottom ( i hope i can do it :hmmm ).
P1090190.JPG

Here you see the snow added to the jeep
P1090191.JPG

P1090192.JPG

The base, here painted with sandy paste from Vallejo.
P1090196.JPG

P1090198.JPG

Hope you like it, if anyone have good tips on making ice i'm happy to hear them :D i have some idea on how to do it but never tried something like this before.... :geek

//Mats

I likeit!

I think the good Dr. Steinman has several snow and ice articles here Mats, check it out. I'll find links for you shortly. (about to walk out the door from work)

Uhm wayting till winter and then throwing some water over it is not an option I gather :D

looks great Mats :popcorn

Here we go, started to experiment with the creek, first i painted the base, red brown and dark green tamiya spraycan paint.
P1090199.JPG

then i cut out a piece of clear styren for the ice
P1090200.JPG

Then mixing vallejo water effects 3 to 1 to get a slight blue tint to the water (not sure how it will look because it's the first time i use them)
P1090201.JPG

the products used,
P1090202.JPG

this will be ontop of the water effect and under the clear styren
P1090203.JPG

It will be a while now until i post again because of vacation plans but keep looking i will get back to it as soon as i can!
//Mats

Back