• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Colossus-Building the Bismarck-Trumpeter 1/200th

Top build!:vgood:
I only have this ,you probably have it already.
Biss Kabels.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words, very humbling :notworthynotworthy:notworthy

Rigging progress below.

IMG_6101a.JPG

IMG_6100a.JPG

Not fully centered I am afraid, I didn't realize until after I had a look on the PC, before posting it. Everything looks symmetrical so yay me.

After massive amounts of searching, I managed to find some really nice diagrams, 3 views plus axonometric, which helps a lot. Also, some diagrams I am using as references, have the cables numbered, making it a lot easier to track them on the drawings.

There are at least 20 more wires (I think), I am working on getting it done asap. Asap as in within the next two weeks - the complicated bits are still ahead, namely the wires between the two masts.

Thank you all for watching this thread,

Laurence

I'm not sure what's off centered. It looks great! Any thing your's seeing that may look off center is probably because lens distortion?

I didn't see that misalignment, but I did notice that two of the horizontal arms on the right next to the searchlight platform seem to be off. The top one looks like it's angling up; the other looks to be angling down. Again, it might be just me.

This doesn't detract from your already outstanding work on this sensational masterpiece!

Another week another "not quite finished yet". Rigging continues, hand rails on the main deck has begun, but only a portion at the stern, because of the space I need along the hull to do the rigging.

Tomorrow will make a start on rigging the fore mast and main mast. Here's a taste of what I am about to get myself into:

View attachment 127110

Fore mast above

View attachment 127111

And the main one - I can see another week of work on the rigging alone ... joy...

Thanks for watching,

Laurence
...and thats why I haven't built a large battleship.
:notworthypopcorn:popcornDrinks:
Epic build Lawrence with outstanding results. I was going to get this model but I don't think I will now as the rigging/ railings and detail painting is overwhelming!
You have done a masterful job on this one mate.
Ian

Back