• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

chukw- Me509

Great stuff chukw!! I love the idea of the figure holding the tail up.

Terry (y)

That dude is really taking one for the team (right thru the chest!) Super swell and hella good, chuk! (y) :drinks

Man- thanks, everybody! :laugh:

Moon, the base will be a dusty stretch of desert somewhere in North Africa, with a twist.

Laura- I love your new avatar!

Mike- it's like he's been speared by Zulu warrior, isn't it?

I feel great having gotten done in less than a year- I'll finish up this base and then finish my Well dio, too. Again- thanks to all!
chuk

Dear Chukw.

...amazing job as always...I´m a fan of your works...love the way of the oil filters application...very interesting! :notworthy

Luiz.

chuk you work is inspiring and deflating at the same time. i have grandios plans but know i dont have the skills to get my work to look as refined as yours.

joe

Luiz, Joe, Phil and Ian- thanks, guys!

It's Memorial Day and the girls are attending services for the fallen, so my dog Andi is keeping an eye on Pfennig as we build our little Kubel. Read on!

509_103.jpg

509_104.jpg

509_105.jpg

509_106.jpg

509_107.jpg

509_108.jpg

509_109.jpg

509_110.jpg

509_111.jpg

509_112.jpg

Are you exceeding the weight limit on that Kubel? I have pulled that airbrush trick off before with a dirty toothbrush and my thumb, but I like yours better. keep 'em coming Chuck - great work. CR

Man- thanks, everybody! :laugh:

Moon, the base will be a dusty stretch of desert somewhere in North Africa, with a twist.

Laura- I love your new avatar!

Mike- it's like he's been speared by Zulu warrior, isn't it?

I feel great having gotten done in less than a year- I'll finish up this base and then finish my Well dio, too. Again- thanks to all!
chuk

Well it wouldn't be a Chuk build without a twist in the tail :). I'm getting the impression you are really liking this "speed" build approach :).. I think just about every question i could ask has been answered at some point but that will not stop me from trying so....I'm always impressed with you photo layout, in particular its obviously under artificial light, but shadows are at a minimum and white balance is usually pretty well spot on..so how are you taking your pictures ?

Thanks, everybody! Whew- I think I may have put that deadline to bed at last. Put in a half-day at home over the weekend- no biggie.

Paddy, I have an old Canon SD 850 with a a digital macro zoom. I use the Ott light over move bench on it's adjustable arm to light the scene. Sometimes I augment that with an LED mini-light. I import the pics into Photoshop and adjust Levels to get 'em looking right. Additionally, I'll use the Dodge tool to brighten up focal points, like Pfenning's grim mug, or the PE horn (Beep! Beep!). There's a little trick to adding a drop shadow to all those inset pics as well. Does this make sense? ;)

Chip, I'd compress the springs but that would be a major hassle in this scale. I'll take hints on turning the front wheels, though- the mounts for the front tires are rather delicate.

Back