• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

chukw- Me509

Thnaks, everyone! Saul, I plan on taking the extreme route of painting them black! There's no way there could be two guns packed into each wing root, so I'll just play along with the fantasy element. I will make new barrels from micro tubing, though, as the kit examples are so basic.

It looks like I'll be traveling again sometime soon- we'll be heading east for a dear friend's funeral. :( Life is like that sometimes.

Looks great as usual. Now if I can just get you to do something armored like that. :evil:

I hear what your saying. Just buried George Saturday and have to back tomorrow for the wife's Aunts funeral. Same damn disease. I'm getting real tired of this.

B)

There's no way there could be two guns packed into each wing root, so I'll just play along with the fantasy element.

This could also mean eliminating one gun from each root and making the remaining one a badA$$ cannon!

Sorry to hear of the friend's passing...

Regards,

Thanks, Saul- and I'll put that energy toward adding the PE to the matching desert Kubel instead of the cannon bays. ;)

Thanks, Luis!

Well, we're waiting to hear from the vet on our sick dog. I've been trying to keep busy- so here goes.

509_060.jpg

509_061.jpg

509_062.jpg

509_063.jpg

509_064.jpg

509_065.jpg

509_066.jpg

509_067.jpg

509_068.jpg

509_069.jpg

509_070.jpg

509_071.jpg

509_072.jpg

509_073.jpg

509_074.jpg

509_075.jpg

Fritzi_008.jpg

Thanks, Luis!

Well, we're waiting to hear from the vet on our sick dog. I've been trying to keep busy- so here goes.

509_060.jpg

509_061.jpg

509_062.jpg

509_063.jpg

509_064.jpg

509_065.jpg

509_066.jpg

509_067.jpg

509_068.jpg

509_069.jpg

509_070.jpg

509_071.jpg

509_072.jpg

509_073.jpg

509_074.jpg

509_075.jpg

Fritzi_008.jpg

White Out?? :facepalm

How do you clean it up, sanding or something else?

Always learn something from the Chuckster. :mpup

Hey Chuck! It is looking quite nice! I will have to remember the whitout tip. Have a problem child that will probably need a lot of touch up once it hits paint time.

I do have one question, that is why paint the future before painting the insignia? I know that the future coat is a good thing for doing the transfers, but wouldn't it be better to paint before? (I know, silly question, but I'd rather ask silly questions than deal with big mistakes)

Hope your puppy ends up being fine! I know how much she means to you!

:beer :drinks

Thanks for the positive vibes, everyone! Andi is doing okay, but we're still waiting on word of the surgery.

The Wite-Out (the smelly, non water-based kind) needs to be sanded with a fine grit- anything too rough will just tear it all off. It's a great filler for when you don't want to wait!

Paul, a smooth, gloss base will seal the masks down better and prevent paint creep. Those masks are pretty sticky, so the glass coat also helps to keep the base from being pulled up. I will put another
coat over the markings to protect them during the oil wash procedure.

Again, my thanks to all!

Very, very nice!
I'm hanging on every photo and every note.
Thanks for presenting.

Cheers,

Bill

(y)

.....Greetings Chuck;

..Nice Aircraft ..... :mpup .... I like the nice desert camo scheme
you are using.... :D

I have a BF-109/E-4 wearing a very similar scheme, Yellow 4.

.... Very impressive paint work .... :popcorn

Mike
PS: Thanks for the Great art work :mpup

Thanks, my friends!

Here's an update at last! Andi seems to have recovered and is back to full health, my job is hopping and my wife and I are well. That said, things do keep cropping up and modeling has to take second fiddle- and posting plays trombone. I had to cut this update short- look to the last pic for a teaser of where I am now. ;)/>/>

509_076.jpg

509_077.jpg

509_078.jpg

509_079.jpg

509_080.jpg

509_081.jpg

509_082.jpg

509_083.jpg

Hannah_009.jpg

Back