• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Call To Arms Drawing Results

Come on Saul! Barely sprinkle snow and is a little bit windy and you supposed have already BLIZZARD? ;)

BTW, check with Disney - NEMO is in Sydney :rotf

Emergency Transport is available!

EGyw1e7.jpg

This showed up yesterday. I put a Dragon 1/35 King Tiger on the box as a point of reference:

Russkie001_zps8822513c.jpg

This thing is beyond awesome! Thanks again, Mike!

Packages to all went out today except Hubert (to go through Polish Agency) and Chad (to go through UPS).

Regards,

I must owe someone some postage ?? ;)

Since AK Interactive actually waited, as I asked, they will ship directly to you (Possibly from Spain). Postage is on them.
3dok.gif

To AK Interactive!

Let us know what you received from them.

Regards,

This was an awesome experience building for this. I had a blast! I would love to see this happen yearly as well, but I don't want it shortened. That doesn't give me much time to work on something if life gets in the way. I like to finish what I start, if I can.

I have to say i would disagree there. In order for it to not get lost in all the other 12 month campaigns and group builds i would make it a challenge like a 8 week dash or similar. It makes it a distinct event, doesn't then get muddled up with other builds especially on other forums. This way it could become an annual hobby wide event for all builder from all forums. Once it has a distinct identity like the Xmas holiday charity build or something it will become a distinct event that the whole community can be involved in without interfering with the hundreds of local forum and club builds.

Look on it like the soccer world cup, its a 2 week event involving all the countries of the world. If it ran for 6 months it would never work because all the players would not be able to play for their local clubs if you get what i mean.

I agree with Paddy's thinking. The whole idea behind CTA was to honor John Marcus and to help stamp out this terrible disease that touches every one of us.

There was an enormous amount of behind the scenes effort that went into this campaign and it takes those folks away from their benches. Maybe we should consider this event more like the Olympics and do it every four years? :coolio

I had you down as a 40 a year man Duke ?

You're ten years too early. I'll be 50 on the first of March. Although I still feel 30 at least, while my body feels like it is 92!

With respect to Paddy, I must disagree with his suggestions. I for one don't like "cruncher" or "pressure" builds. That would take away all the fun of doing this for me. I would never have been able to get the Halo done in time if this campaign had been an 8-week build. Three months was almost tough enough a deadline to meet for me. Most of the participants here were not quick builders; most of us got done very close to the end of this campaign. If I'm going to do something like this to honor someone and raise money for a good cause, I want to be able to build something big and quality, like the Halo; not throw something small and simple together. I think the very fact that we have this as a fund raiser already makes it a distinct event. If we feel the need to make it more distinct and not get lost among other campaign, then lets plan for the next one, schedule it, and suspend all campaigns here during the run of the CTA. I personally think that; based on the number of participants, and the amount of advertising I saw for this on several other Forums, this never got muddled up amongst the other campaigns. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Also, I like the idea of helping out yearly through this type of fund raiser. I don't think we should limit that to one every four years. There's always someone every year that could use a good infusion of help, we should extend that every year.

Back