• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #2 - BP Defiant ASR * * D O N E * *

Build #2 - BP Defiant ASR

Still working on stuff in the background. Defiant now ready for paint:

h9f657a9.JPG

h074ba3b.JPG

h3c27c33.JPG

Ian.

I've been resisting this kit... such a nice kit!

Jeri%2BRyan4.JPG

Ahem! I must redo this subject as the Classic Airframes kit gave me some troubles:

h67548ad_2016-09-11.jpg

Regards,

Coming along nicely Ian!

Must say, I am strangely attracted to this kit as well. Have so far been able to resist it but that may change after this build!

:popcorn

(enamel) Paint has occurred !! - Temperate Sea Scheme in 'B Pattern'.

hadb7105.JPG

heb5f642.JPG

h441d669.JPG

h55dbd75.JPG

h7d26223.JPG

You can see in the last photo that I've already post-shaded the underside. I'll leave the topside camo to dry/cure for 48hrs or so before post-shading that too. I lightened the Xtracolour 'EDSG' as the contrast straight from the tin was just 'too much'. Thanks for looking, comments encouraged.

Ian.

Thank you all very much. Today I polished-it-back with a 4000grit Micro Mesh cloth then brushed on a coat of Klear/Future, so just now it looks and feels like glass. Tomorrow I'll do a pin-wash and leave it for another 24hrs.

Gary that's very kind of you to say but way back in my modelling history I did this wee F-20 as a 'What If' aggressor - still love this pint-job !!

h3a2c65e.jpg

Ian.

Back