• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - AB-212 * * D O N E * *

Build #1 - AB-212

The dayglow defeats the purpose of camouflage if you ask me. Your chopper looks sharp. Almost done now!

Tim

Build #1 - AB-212

Peacetime military SAR. It takes a lot less time to repaint a couple patches camo than it does to repaint an entire aircraft if it gets suddenly deployed into a hot zone.

We had to do the same thing when we were allowed to add some color to our birds back at the rock. Once we transferred into the 5th Fleet (Persian Gulf) on deployment, the birds had to be back in full tactical scheme. All the color was covered back up w/ shades of grey. The only exceptions were the E-2 & C-2 birds.

Build #1 - AB-212

Peacetime military SAR. It takes a lot less time to repaint a couple patches camo than it does to repaint an entire aircraft if it gets suddenly deployed into a hot zone.

We had to do the same thing when we were allowed to add some color to our birds back at the rock. Once we transferred into the 5th Fleet (Persian Gulf) on deployment, the birds had to be back in full tactical scheme. All the color was covered back up w/ shades of grey. The only exceptions were the E-2 & C-2 birds.

That makes sense. Of course, our helos were always ready for deployment. After all, we were the 82nd Airborne Division--anywhere around the world within 24 hours!-Hooah!!! :soldier

Tim

Build #1 - AB-212

'Stickers' done:

Next just the exhaust plume, then satin varnish and final assembly. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

And done....

Took a fair effort to finish it all, and it's unbelievably delicate, which you probably guessed anyways. All that said, I thoroughly enjoyed this project so the usual thanks to those folks who commented during this WiP thread.

More pics in the 'Gallery'/'completed builds' section a little later after I run them through the photo editor.

AFN

Ian.

Back