• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - AB-212 * * D O N E * *

Build #1 - AB-212

No photo, you're going to have to trust me !! :pinch:

Main doors tack-glued in to place, all windows masked, centreline seam all rubbed down - no filler needed - and polished-back with successive grades of Micro-Mesh pads. Ready for primer coat tomorrow after taking No2 daughter to camp, and a couple of morning meetings !!

Pics tomorrow evening if all goes well.

AFN

Ian.

Build #1 - AB-212

...all primed with Tamiya straight from the rattle-can:

All for now, work and family stuff means no 'me time' until after the weekend. See y'all then. Please feel free to post any questions, criticism or comments.

Ian.

Build #1 - AB-212

Man, how do you guys build them so quick? :blink

Can't speak for anyone else, Tim, but I work for myself and I work from home and I'm very easily distracted by shiny....

....Oooohhh look new model :gogo

Ian.

Build #1 - AB-212

Blades done:

Orange on:

So far so good - All paints used so far are Tamiya acrylics. Tomorrow, work permitting, I'll get the first coat of camouflage on it. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Build #1 - AB-212

Looks good from here Ian although some of that tape on the windscreen looks IFI > Hope it did not leak.

Cheers, Christian B)

Build #1 - AB-212

Camo done:

Tamiya XF-13 J.A. Green & XF-24 Dark Grey, the lower light grey is the previously mentioned Tamiya acrylic primer, close enough to my eye !!. Next I'll buff and polish the paint and spray two medium coats of X-22 Clear ready for decals.

AFN

Ian.

Build #1 - AB-212

Gotta ask this, why camo something with dayglow on it? I mean you wanna see it or not? :rotf :tomato

Looks good Ian (y)

Back