• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader 'On deck'

ij001

...and here we go again:

h8e6afb2.jpg

hc0b1c93.jpg

h500380f.jpg

h51a5d97_2015-11-01.jpg

Won't be cutting plastic until after next weekends' show. Don't touch that dial !!

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Is your helper or it to be His build?

Actually my daughter is the keen one of the two. Unfortunately she broke her right arm on Friday afternoon so won't be helping me at the workbench for at least six weeks !!

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Hi Ian,

Looking forward to this one!!!! Have not seen one of these built and know you will knock it out of the park.

Randy

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Sweet! I have a couple of these in the stash. Maybe I should pull one out and start it for this. Way to go!

Yours will certainly be better, so I'll be watching to get ideas. Can't wait to see more. And if your daughter does help some more, get some pics. It's always great to see kids getting into the hobby.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Sweet! I have a couple of these in the stash. Maybe I should pull one out and start it for this. Way to go!

Yours will certainly be better, so I'll be watching to get ideas. Can't wait to see more. And if your daughter does help some more, get some pics. It's always great to see kids getting into the hobby.

Well said Mark!! I got a couple of these too :hmmm

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Thanks all. Just now it's late spring here so my work commitments are starting to stack-up, and I'm away at the end of a week on a course so no plastic fettling from me for a while, which is a real PITA as this weekend I was at the Armistice (model) Show and have come home VERY enthused and itching to build models...

... :facepalm

Ahh well.

Ian.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

Hang in there you still have 50 some odd weeks to finish. Says Mr. Down to the wire. :laugh: I just built the old Monogram F8 and I'm really psyched on how this one will build up.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

I used to work for a man that had been a wing commander (or whatever rank that is) and was flying the F-8 Cursader. Per him, it was several thousand cat-shots over the course of his career in the F-8. In fact, he was one of the test pilots in the F-14 ptogram. When the swing-wing consept was being developed, they were installed on f-8's in order to test them, and he was one of those guys

NEAT CHOICE!!!

PS - handsome young man there

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

I used to work for a man that had been a wing commander (or whatever rank that is) and was flying the F-8 Cursader. Per him, it was several thousand cat-shots over the course of his career in the F-8. In fact, he was one of the test pilots in the F-14 ptogram. When the swing-wing consept was being developed, they were installed on f-8's in order to test them, and he was one of those guys

NEAT CHOICE!!!

PS - handsome young man there

Sounds like someone I have had contact with... His name wouldn't be Jack would it? FLew F-8s off the Hancock early 70s & later, flew the F-14s over Vietnam?

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader

OK, here we go, enough procrastinating, going to start cutting'n gluing this weekend, first progress pics should be up on Monday. Stay tuned....

Ian.

Back