• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader 'On deck'

Build #1 - F-8J Crusader 'In the pattern'

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Man she's looking good. Nicely weathered and a very nice livery. Way to go.
James

Good afternoon from a cold and damp Middle Earth.
Well here t'is after eight months on-and-off the bench, my Hasegawa 1:48 Crusader. Now before I go-on, as I was editing the pics for size, I noticed that I've forgotten to add the IR Sensor on the front windscreen but I know where it is and I'll sort-it next time I'm in the 'cave' !!

What can I tell you ?, well construction was no problem throughout although on this kit, some of the detail particularly around the dive-brake area was almost none-existent which I'm guessing points to over-use of the moulds.

Some folks here may know or have heard of Frank Cronin from California, just want to publicly thank Frank for sending me the decals for this build without hesitation when I put out a cry-for-help over at iModeller... Cheers Frank, really appreciate it.

That's all the yada, yada, yada for now, here's a photo of the finished build, more will be in the completion thread in a few minutes.

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment throughout the project, as ever happy to take any criticisms, comments or questions.

AFN.

Ian.

Gorgeous build. Of course it does not hurt that this is probably the pretties of the early jets in my mind :woohoo:

(y) (y) (y) Cheers, Christian B)

Cold and damp eh? Care to come over and see how wet Sydney has been for the past couple of days? And more to come over the next few days? Eh?

As for the plane, wow, you've done Middle Earth proud, Master Wizard of Models, say Hi to Gandalf from me when you see him, okay? :D

Laurence

Wow! That is one sensational job! I can only hope my 1/72 scale Crusader looks half that good. Stunning work my man!

Back