• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Hi again,
thank you for feedback guys. :)

Luiz, glad you like the detail. There is plenty in there but it is hard to see at this resolution. Maybe I will post a few close-up sections?

MP, thanks mate, hope you enjoyed the process being explained.

Mike, great mate. Thanks , it's an unusual subject that is hard to make interesting for most people who are used to pristine plane compositions. That small comment gives me a lot of encouragement.

Bob, thanks. Excellent. The forlorn desolation is just what I wanted to get across. A lot of my references for planes like this at the end of spring all show abandoned derelicts with the spring grass growing high through the damage. I think that they got to the point after march where they had so many aircraft and so few pilots that any damage was just left and a new plane was used. Some of these appear to be scattered around the airfields at quite large distances from the main service areas so the futher away the more chance they were just left to 'rot'.

Regards Ian.

Hi again,

Luiz, glad you like the detail. There is plenty in there but it is hard to see at this resolution. Maybe I will post a few close-up sections?

Mike, great mate. Thanks , it's an unusual subject that is hard to make interesting for most people who are used to pristine plane compositions. That small comment gives me a lot of encouragement.

Bob, thanks. Excellent. The forlorn desolation is just what I wanted to get across. A lot of my references for planes like this at the end of spring all show abandoned derelicts with the spring grass growing high through the damage. I think that they got to the point after march where they had so many aircraft and so few pilots that any damage was just left and a new plane was used. Some of these appear to be scattered around the airfields at quite large distances from the main service areas so the futher away the more chance they were just left to 'rot'.

Regards Ian.
+

Beautiful Ian

I don't quite understand the difference between the first picture and the third ( it has color ).

I think it is right on . War brings destruction and eventually devastation .
By that time in the war , they were retreating so fast there there was no time for salvage and probably no place to send them back for rebuilding.

To this day, there remains places in Europe that are still in a desolated state since WW II and even WW I.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi again,

Regards Ian.

Beautiful Ian

I don't quite understand the difference between the first picture and the third ( it has color ).

By that time in the war , they were retreating so fast there there was no time for salvage and probably no place to send them back for rebuilding.

To this day, there remains places in Europe that remain desolated from WW II and even WW I.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments Christian.
The difference between the first and 3rd pics is about 120 hrs of detail and color. Full cockpit changes, canopy on the ground, distance updates, markings, wing-root and wing detail and the grass and plants. I will post some close-ups so that all can see. This piece is painted to be seen at 80- 100cm wide (about 10 -15 times bigger)so it is hard to see at this small size.

Regards Ian.

I can deffinitely tell the difference between the two but your reference to canvas scaning and digital glass paiting left me in the dust :facepalm

My mother use to paint on glass but that's a separate form of art....Mostly I am envious of your talent :blush:

Cheers,Christian B)

Hi again,

Regards Ian.

Beautiful Ian

To this day, there remains places in Europe that remain desolated from WW II and even WW I.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the comments Christian.
The difference between the first and 3rd pics is about 120 hrs of detail and color. Full cockpit changes, canopy on the ground, distance updates, markings, wing-root and wing detail and the grass and plants. I will post some close-ups so that all can see. This piece is painted to be seen at 80- 100cm wide (about 10 -15 times bigger)so it is hard to see at this small size.

Regards Ian.

Hi again,
here are some detail shots from around the painting. I treat it a lot like and model and try to include as much detail as possible. The fuselage has a number of markings in the actual stencil style and in German. The cockpit instrument board has holes where some dials are missing, as well as wires hanging, as does the wing root. It's easier to work at this type of stuff digitally, as the file is large enough for me to zoom in reasonably close. I use all my model books for my references such as the Aero Detail series, which is excellent.

I hope these help Christian. Basically the painting on canvas gets turned into a large digital file by scanning which I then go further with on a device that is like an IPAD on steroids. :laugh:

image_add.jpg

detail_1_v8a.jpg

detail_2_v8a.jpg

detail_3__v8a.jpg

detail_4__v8a.jpg

Ok , now that makes a lot of sense .
Thank you for helping me to understand your skill sets. Very impressive
jaw-dropping.gif

Cheers, Christian :drinks

Okay take my money. I was sold on the first update, but now its a need :gogo :laugh:
When will these be ready for purchase Ian?
James

Okay take my money. I was sold on the first update, but now its a need :gogo :laugh:
When will these be ready for purchase Ian?
James
:laugh: (y)
James, I think we are 'birds of a feather'....we seem to like very similar themes and ideas on all this model and ww2 stuff. Even the ww1 models seem to lead us down the same paths.

Anyway, gald you like it. I think it is my best work so far.
My printer is on holidays until the 23 Jan so it will be mid feb before i have a few ready to go. I will email you here on MA if you like when it's good to go.
Please contact me if you want to know any further details or info. :drinks

Ian.

:) Thanks John. Looking at that MK3 of yours I would say that you would be classified the same! ;)

I have a Tiger 1 in the works and a Panther G. I may have something that's up your alley this year :laugh:

Ian.

Ian,

You are a true artist sir. Love your style and execution!!!!

Randy

Thanks Randy appreciate that.

Hello MA,
This is a sketch of a D-9 at Frankfurt 1945 that I completed recently. I was quite happy with the texture and feel of this with just a hint of color. I am not that 'into' the long nose FW's but the D-9 side on has quite nice lines - especially once its damaged (y)
D920Rhein-Main20airfeild_zpsaxfbg9l5.jpg

Back