• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Battleship Texas. The last Dreadnought.

Tim A.

Don't know how many of y'all are keeping up with the restoration of the USS Texas but, they are moving right along with it. I decided it was time to donate to the cause, and in return recieved a small piece of the ship. A 3"×3" square of steel taken from one of the torpedo blisters, that are being replaced. I'm going to add it to the base of the Trumpeter 1/350 Texas model I'm building.
Screenshot_20231118_190936_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I had a thread where I was posting updates from one of the youtubers. Good show Tim!
One of the YouTubers has some pretty nice drone footage. Said he's not flying directly over the drydock, but the zoom lens on his camera takes some pretty nice close ups.
Apparently some drama has developed over where it's new home is supposed to be. Looking like a Texas millionaire may be stepping in to resolve the issue though.

I visited Houston back in 2019, had time to go out to see her before they moved.

1700407572137.png

It's an engineering wonder they were able to move her at all.

Back