• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bandai 1/12 Sandtrooper

nerdling

This is my first foray into figure building of any kind. These kits are much like Gundam kits as far as I can tell. They would look decent straight from the box, but beg for some dirtying up.

Onto the basic build now. I was afraid that there would be multiple seams to hide on this guy. But Bandai hid them all on natural armor segment lines. This is as far as I got on the first day. Hard to find more than a few minutes here and there with a 5 week old in the house lol

Thanks guys. This is actually a pretty fun little kit. Tempted to buy a few more of the Star Wars figure kits from Bandai. Did a bit more on lunch break today. Poor guy looks like Chewbacca got ahold of him.

I'm amazed you have the energy, even on a lunch break, to consider a kit.

I think my kids were 5 and 3 before I realized one day that I wasn't exhausted anymore. :D

Looking good. :soldier

Had some more time last night to get the basic figure completed.

The decals were utter trash so I ended up using the stickers that were included with the kit as well. Now comes the fun part. Weathering him.

That gun looks a lot like the German Mg-42.Nice work. Gary

Most of the weapons in Star Wars seem to be based off real weapons. Han Solo's pistol is based off a Mauser Broomhandle pistol, the Jawas used a cutdown Enfield rifle on R2-D2, the stormtroopers also had a Lewis gun that was doctored up a bit too. But this guy is using a DLT-19 http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DLT-19_Heavy_Blaster_Rifle

I'm calling him done. To bad they don't make a 1/12 scale Jawa he could be standing on lol. Not an award winner by any means. But when you have Captain Diaper Blowout in the house what can you do :rotf

Back