• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bagge's 8.8cm Panzerjägerkanone Pak43

Bagge

I thought i join in with this one, if it is something like the 12,8cm i just built it should be a pretty straight forward build (this one has a little more PE though so it can be tricky)

Startup pics :)

P1150449.JPG

P1150451.JPG

Ok Bram is awake so i will start later on this one :Hiay

//Mats

That's the same gun as on the Waffentrager I started last year. It is a well detailed gun, the PE is workable, although I would recommend soldering the shield. I had to set mine aside until the eye issues are resolved, I'll follow along on yours in the mean time. Best wishes! (y)

Yes it's a very nice gun and i will do my best with the soldering :facepalm

Well the cruciform is donne, just don't find good info on how those extra supports where stored in traveling position, i think they are ment to support the gun while firing when the wheels are still on.
On the pics i found they are pointing up, but i would like to have them laying flat on the cruciform arms

Ok here is some pics.

P1150452.JPG

P1150453.JPG

And a size comparison with the 12,8cm :coolio

P1150455.JPG

//Mats

Acht Acht! (y)

Think that you are right about those supports,Mats.I've seen many pictures of this PAK gun,while I was doing the Verlinden one,but didn't find a picture with the supports in use.

:popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Step 4 is donne, just need some cleaning up on the hydraulics after the glue is dry.

P1150457.JPG

There is 2 pieces of PE here, you see them?

P1150458.JPG

P1150459.JPG

On to step 5, and i thank Mike for pointing out some important things in he's build of the waffenträger :good:

//Mats

Just about to give up on that PE shield :bang head

Tried soldering but i just made a big mess out of it, ended with that it took a :pilot over the hobbyroom and landed a little dented up..... :vmad :vmad gonna be a lot of battle damage on this one for sure :(

//Mats

The shield is a test for sure. I used CA on my brass, but truly wish I had used the styrene piece. :facepalm

Don't let it get you down. :good:

Going for CA now, i don't know if i have the wrong solder or if the soldering iron is not good.
I thought the solder should flow out when warm but it just clumps up and make a messy blob, the iron is pretty hot so that's no problem but i don't know if it goes over to the brass as it should (think the tip of the iron is not a good one, oxidizes fast)

//Mats

it's in the solder i think... many years since i did some more complex soldering
maybe i stop to see if i can find something better

It could be the tip of your soldering iron,maybe try to file or sandpaper the tip to remove oxidation.

...just one of these nerv wrecking jobs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNn27iufqBo&feature=player_detailpage

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Ron, tried that but it just oxides again, tried to put a thin layer of solder over it to protect it but it's not going, i guess i have to look for a new one....

Here is the s.o.b shield.

P1150491.JPG

P1150492.JPG

Still need to add the inner part and that's attached with 30 small plastic pieces...

P1150493.JPG

And here is the rest of the gun so far.

P1150495.JPG

Wheels and boogies are on the way to.

P1150494.JPG

Now a big glass of vodka and then try to fit those small :stinker

//Mats

Back