• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BA-20

James

Awesome work as usual, you should leave a door or hatch open so you can see the drivers compartment only if that is possible. I like your scratch built stick shift.

James

James,

After a thorough search, I didn't find decals for the example in the museum (with skulls) but I did find this one which I can send out tomorrow morning:

h66762a2.jpg

It is number 12 and saw combat.

Regards,

Thanks Saul. Wasn't thinking about a cammed one, but will give it a try. One thing though, fo you think they left the spare tire off for the drawing or that this one maybe didn't carry the spare? I already have the spare holder on mine.
James

Wasn't thinking about a cammed one, but will give it a try. One thing though, fo you think they left the spare tire off for the drawing or that this one maybe didn't carry the spare?

As for schemes, it can be in solid green as seen below:
full

13.jpg

or white-wash:
6205-b34670af10948c0e0d3342d25f727fe9.jpg

and the tire holder is always there, tire or not:
12.jpg

11.jpg

German white-wash?
14.jpg

Definitely, not German camouflaged:
02.jpg

Regards,

Notice how slack the rear tire is in a couple of those shots. Look like they are underrated for the weight. :popcorn

Looks good, James. Keep the heat turned up on this one, you're cookin' now. (y)

Very nice Build James! Looks like a lot better kit than the old Start kit I tried to build years ago :eek:hmy:
You've got this one nailed from the looks (y)
Ernie

Thanks guys. Definately was fun. Had a problem with primer yesterday, cant get the psi right. Anyways a second light coat today and remember to do front lights as well and then it will be ready to paint this week. Saul has been very kind to send some decals to dress it up and hopefully I dont screw those up. Bob you are right, but I am too far along now. Might try screwing in the tires to give a bit of flat to them though. Have base started also.
In the meantime I will take pics of the G-6 and do it for my second build. Just need to get some funds first.
James

Had a problem with primer yesterday, cant get the psi right.

When it is time to get a new primer, try Badger's StyNylRez (made up from STYrene, viNYL, REsin) as they are excellent! Best of all, Badger is a sponsor of Call to Arms III.

Regards,

Looks good, James. What was causing you trouble on the first go?

I'm not sure the reasoning. New bottle of primer and very thin. When I shot it some areas pooled and seemed almost like there was oil in spots but shouldn't have been. Before work I brought PSI down to about 3 or 4 PSI and it misted on better and filled the areas I had issues with. I was worried I would have to strip it but it doesn't look bad. Will give it a few days and then paint. Just have to remember the darned hed lights which I forgot again yesterday. Going to do some base work next.
James

Got it painted and sitting on base. A little preliminary weathering but no more till the decals arrive. Working on the G6 also.

DSC06693.JPG

DSC06694.JPG

DSC06696.JPG

James

Back