• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anything Revell and/or Monogram

I know someone who is building a 1/48 scale B-29 it is very difficult to maneuver around the workbench, according to him. I'm not particular myself.

I do however have a couple questions. I started some Accurate Miniatures planes (a P-40 and a P-51) for a Monogram Mafia Group Build on the FSM. They are Monogram models; in fact, I shot a pic of the Monogram label molded on the inside of the wings before I started. The P-40 is halfway assembled and the Mustang is about 1/3rd built.

However, I don't know the Monogram Kit Numbers for these two kits so I'm guessing they don't qualify? If not, I'll see if I have another Monogram model I can try for this.

It would be interesting to see your take on the B-29 Terry. I built the Enola Gay option back in college. It was a brand new kit then and my modeling skills were still in the figure it out stage. The worst part of the Monogram B-29 is that the glass nose doesn't fit correctly. If I remember right, the sides of the fuselage opening need to be built up for the canopy to set correctly. Anyway it is large, but not as big as some of the current stuff. Had a second kit in the stash till a few years ago but finally passed it on.

If I had one of the old Revell 1/48 B-17F kits, I have the Koster Vac mod to make it into a real early version (Decals for the Swoose are included IIRC) BUT no kit and no way I would ever get it finished in time.

Ian said that I could restart my Ju88 A-1. It is still mostly disassembled as I was working on a ton of detailing back when. As the old thread is a PooterBucket disaster I will probably start a new thread with a "What has gone before" start.

Found this in the stash also.

h9639569.jpg

hd16edfa.jpg

:hmmm

I'm in with the Revell Ford, just waiting on it's arrival. Omni model has two warehouses, one in Illinois, one in Nevada. I usually get the Illinois shipment the day after, Nevada takes over a week. Go figure.

Meanwhile, this Campaign got me to dig out my half finished Rommel's Rod. When I read the description of this one, that's what I had in mind, the old school kits from the 70s.

I cracked the box and the chassis/body is assembled and primed, but that's it. Plenty of detailing, paint and decals to go.

I'd like to at least throw it in the ring as an add on to the 57 Ford thread, if not a separate thread on it's own.

Any objections?

hc025aa1.jpeg

After looking through my stash, I have lots of new Revell kits but in keeping with the vintage theme I came up with these two.

This one?

hff024a3.jpg

Or this one?

h972d90e.jpg

What do you guys think?

Whilst I love that old 109G kit, the PT boat would be my choice too - nowadays lots of references around for them too, I remember that kit from my (very) young days, guessing initial release date would be late 1960's ??

Ian.

Um, I think this got lost in the ether here:

I know someone who is building a 1/48 scale B-29 it is very difficult to maneuver around the workbench, according to him. I'm not particular myself.

I do however have a couple questions. I started some Accurate Miniatures planes (a P-40 and a P-51) for a Monogram Mafia Group Build on the FSM. They are Monogram models; in fact, I shot a pic of the Monogram label molded on the inside of the wings before I started. The P-40 is halfway assembled and the Mustang is about 1/3rd built.

However, I don't know the Monogram Kit Numbers for these two kits so I'm guessing they don't qualify? If not, I'll see if I have another Monogram model I can try for this.

Here's more info:

The box top:

Accurate_Miniatures_Air_Combat_Legends.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the pic of the Monogram logo inside the wings.

However, on the Monogram Mafia Group Build, I was assured these are Monogram, models. This is where they are now in completion...

The P-40:

WIP_Monogram_Mafia_2017_GB_II.jpg

WIP_Monogram_Mafia_2017_GB_IV.jpg

... and the P-51:

WIP_Monogram_Mafia_2017_GB_VI.jpg

So, can I get a ruling on this? I just want to know so I can either move on with these or find something new for this.

I'm in, but what with? These are the ones I am considering...

A-10...

h003b25f.jpg

F-15E...

h2a21503.jpg

or the bf-109g-6

h8cfc323.jpg

I have a ton of aftermarket for each of them. :hmmm
Leaning towards the hog, but i'll need to do a full scribe and rivet job on it - which I have never accomplished before... :sick:

Any one have a particular favorite?

I'm partial to the A-10. The plane I never got to work on.

I don't think we've seen many build here. :popcorn

Yep A-10 would be great, I built that kit years ago (when it was in a Monogram box), not an easy build (weap's molded on to the pylons, tricky breakdown around the gun bay etc), but really accurate for an early 'Hog...

Ian.

I've been off line for a while and missed this campaign start. A few months ago I started a Monogram P-51B/C for a co-worker. He is one one the reasons why I've been off line at work and work on the Mustang came to a halt. The fuselage,wings and tail are assembled, but not painted. Hopefully this will still qualify. Thanks, Gary S.

h7338edb.JPG

h3e018f6.JPG

Back