• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anything Revell and/or Monogram

I have a few as well. Still finishing up my metal jig project. Have some stainless fasteners and such on order and all the small parts are made. Have to finish up a dozen 10 and 11 inch long rails that need to have the second end squared off yet and the lengths made the same between the 2 batches. Then they all need 2 holes each to mount them.

Then there are eight mounting plates with a bunch of slots that I still have to make. Two types, one for the wing supports, and a second type for the fuselage vertical centering holders. While my small mill does a good job and is fairly accurate, it can't handle very heavy cuts so it ends up being done in several passes. Making a lot of aluminum "glitter" which has been a challenge to keep under control. Stuff tends to track everywhere.
sweeping.gif

When done I should be able to jig up anything with 1 or 2 main wings up to the WNW Felix Stowe or Gotha. I should also be able to jig up my 1/32 HPH PBY Catalina.
shocked.gif
3dastonished.gif

Hopefully it will only take about another week or so.
fingers-crossed.gif

Yes, I know....
:nopics

But can't really show what I have been making and how it all will work together until it is finished.

As to a Revellogram kit, I have several, just don't know when I can think about starting a new build.
med3d-ennuye.gif

Well, I have been trying real hard to stay away from campaigns but since this one runs through my normal modeling season I may just get sucked in. I have a couple candidates, both are ProModeler releases and one would have multimedia set to make a different variant. Near as I can tell from the rules that would be acceptable. Just need to decide if the latter one can be done in 6 months (Yes I know it's longer but if I don't have it finished by the end of March, it likely won't get done). Decisions, decisions ! :hmmm

Hmm...a few in 1/48- B-29 (not really up for a big bomber build), P-61 (maybe) or F-86 (meh)

Did pick up the 1/28 Spad XIII and Fokker Dr.1....might be inclined to do one o' them....

You know I was thinking of playing with a Monogram kit TODAY! This just might get me out of my funk. I'll be returning to work soon and need something to focus on. :hmmm

I'm in and now I need to go dig in the stash. I also want to find a picture...........

:idonno

I know I have a Revell kit or three

I am likely going to jump into this - I know I have something that is Revell, but perhaps not so old as Revell/Monogram, that OK?

I am pretty sure I have a P-47D, If not then a helicopter....this is from the stash-o'-stuff I bought at the Columbia AMPS show. I know there is some Revell in it, 'cause I bought like 10+ kits

I am likely going to jump into this - I know I have something that is Revell, but perhaps not so old as Revell/Monogram, that OK?

I am pretty sure I have a P-47D, If not then a helicopter....this is from the stash-o'-stuff I bought at the Columbia AMPS show. I know there is some Revell in it, 'cause I bought like 10+ kits

So you're in then? :coolio

Let me get home and see what is in "Da' Stash." I am at work right now, waiting for the IT geek :geek to come in and work on the barcode scanning handhelds we bought

So clear as mud, right?

Ok here is some of what I have. What you think would be good.

hf602048.jpg

h8135899.jpg

hb47f6eb.jpg

h0c3c418.jpg

h1cd8b8a.jpg

h443db26.jpg

h9248ce5.jpg

h1436722.jpg

h3b551e2.jpg

h6ae4d39.jpg

:hmmm

I would chose the 196 or the Sherman, if space is an issue you can fold the wings on the 196 and since I don't plan to build mine, I'd like to see what you do with it.

I would chose the 196 or the Sherman, if space is an issue you can fold the wings on the 196 and since I don't plan to build mine, I'd like to see what you do with it.

The 196 is a good kit and the Sherman being 1/32 instead of 1/35 would be a challenge.

The 196 is a good kit and the Sherman being 1/32 instead of 1/35 would be a challenge.

I never realized that was 1/32. I remember building it a couple of times in the past.

Great to have you on board Terry. :good:

I never realized that was 1/32. I remember building it a couple of times in the past.

Maybe.

Maybe.

??? Why wouldn't it be good to have you on board Sir ???

I may just go with kI-61 or a P-40E. IGU ess that is all I have in the stash that is Revell.

I won't be able to start until next month some time

Back