• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junk

Not sure why. They will only fir that canopy . The other one will turn up some day and then I'll have two pieces of junk to toss .

My words of wisdom would be to make the plates a bit bigger so you can hang on to them more easily :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, I had to make a second one. While hard at grinding the ends off the phone rang , the Dremel grabbed the box and well...I still have not found it :sick:

Made a new and improved one.

Junk_more_progress_001a.jpg

Stuck in, sanded off the upper details and the seam .

Dropped it in and made up some shims to take up the extra space

junk_more_progress__002a.jpg

After filling down to the contour of the fuselage, I glued in the cockpit .

junk_canopy_fit_a.jpg

Think I can get the detail on that latter :good:

Cheers, Christian B)
GREAT :popcorn

Why is it the phone always rings when your hands are full? :idonno

Nice improv! (y)

Today I finished all the little patch ups of the main components .

I decided to add the rest of the flight controls . Started withe the tail which for some reason is the only control that is one all one piece. :idonno

junk_tail_001a.jpg

Splitting them was a cinch but it's the last thing that went well .

The tail pieces would not slide into the fuselage far enough to be installed, so I had to machine the holes all the way through

The left tailplane wust have come straight from hell and refusing to go in properly but after much fuss , it was finally glued into place.

junk_tail_assy_001a.jpg

I think I might spray if with primmer tomorrow to see what it lookslike .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Luiz, Bob and Warren .

Today's was adding the door and the window . The door was too short and all the windows were too large and had to be trimmed :frantic An interesting job.

I have the canopy framed . It need more refinement but we're getting close.

junk_canopy_002a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Today's was adding the door and the window . The door was too short and all the windows were too large and had to be trimmed :frantic An interesting job.

junk_canopy_002a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice (y)

junk_canopy_002a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)
WOW :woohoo: :popcorn

Thanks Mike, Luiz and Dave . I hope you guys realize that I am in no man's land here .

I have no clue if any of these last few steps will work .

Some fine sanding and home made mask today .

Junk_canopy_001a.jpg

Need to let things dry some before wash job and a coat of primmer :soldier Patience, :fencing patience....Maybe.

Cheers, Christian B)

I agree Bob surprised someone has not come up with something .

Anyhow, came up with some primmer this afternoon.

junk_primmer_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

I think those frames are going to look a lot better than the molded on once, far more defined. :popcorn

Back