• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junk

Holy smokes but what a poor fit. Best of luck in this Chris, although with your skills I imagine a lot of the luck will be self made.
:popcorn
James

YikeS! :popcorn

I remember doing that Trimotor years ago, the file came in handy, the 3 sided one?

So far I have used the half round and round a good bit . The triangular one is at hand if needed :frantic

Might have to get a jack hammer out before this is over :rotf

Glad I did not have to pay the big bucks for this kit.

Cheers, Christian B)

Holy smokes but what a poor fit. Best of luck in this Chris, although with your skills I imagine a lot of the luck will be self made.
:popcorn
James

Thanks for your faith in me. I hope I can live up to that expectation

This is very annoying at best. The wings themselves were quite tricky but with enough clamps and assembling them as I did , they actually fit together respectfully.

This multi part fuselage is a different story . Except for the width of the floor to the fuselage , everything is either too big or too small .

Maybe this is one of those European project where different countries fabricate various components and hope to have an aircraft in the end . :facepalm

I suspect the Exacto saw and the miter box will be next.

Cheers, Christian B)

Been following along but not commenting, your issue with the bulkhead seems to be common on short run kits. I had a similar issue on the 115 in a couple places. The assembly section showed bulkheads in one place but if you jump ahead to the next they appear in a different spot. One place where if you have any doubt either looking ahead or doing a lot of test fitting pays off. I really hate when the clear parts don't fit as it certainly limits your options. Good luck on that ! :zen

So what's with the new Avatar?

Well, since you asked Bob I'll just bore you with the details .

This is the little part of the where my family comes from and most still live there today.

It is in fact our flag . More or less like the Battle flag sYmbolizes the Souther States here.

Since all this junk took place in Belgium I raised the flag . This one is more appropriate to me :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Been following along but not commenting, your issue with the bulkhead seems to be common on short run kits. I had a similar issue on the 115 in a couple places. The assembly section showed bulkheads in one place but if you jump ahead to the next they appear in a different spot. One place where if you have any doubt either looking ahead or doing a lot of test fitting pays off. I really hate when the clear parts don't fit as it certainly limits your options. Good luck on that ! :zen

Thank Gary . I could not agree with you more. A lot of test fitting and I did quite a bit on this one due to to what I had read but no specific comments were made .

It's hard to test fit a Banana made from triangular pieces .

Besides, none of the parts really fit together without first trimming them but how do you know how fer to trim till you get the first bunch of Bananas to line up ?

The non matching sizes are baffling though :blink

The bad instructions ( or lack of ) are just part of the course for Eastern European kits.
My fault for not looking into 100% of the details . Just hard to mock up a bunch of parts that don't fit together.

Other than that , interesting and obscure subject of which I have only seen a brief clip of one dodging a hail of bullets . Still hopeful of bringing it in . :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Another small step forward ( I hope ) Don't know for sure since I have never seen anyone do this before .

Sawed it in half

After removing plastic from both halve to where it seamed reasonable . I placed it in the fuselage and I ran some thin cement down the middle.

junk_canopy_003a.jpg

and then while the gears were still spinning in my head I though of a way to hold these now fragile parts from breaking apart while sanding it ti remove the seam

I made a jig of sprue pieces to hopefully keep it from bowing in.

junk_jig_001a.jpg

I will fill the inside with blue tack to further strengthen it.

Glue drying ...Cheers, Christian B)

Well, I had to make a second one. While hard at grinding the ends off the phone rang , the Dremel grabbed the box and well...I still have not found it :sick:

Made a new and improved one.

Junk_more_progress_001a.jpg

Stuck in, sanded off the upper details and the seam .

Dropped it in and made up some shims to take up the extra space

junk_more_progress__002a.jpg

After filling down to the contour of the fuselage, I glued in the cockpit .

junk_canopy_fit_a.jpg

Think I can get the detail on that latter :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back