• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junk

Hey Master

That is unfair. I always follow your (and most others) builds, I just don't think I have to much to add since I am still learning.

I really like your cockpit and seatbelts. Great Job. :Drinks

Cheers

Alex

Sorry Alex and Dave This was not aimed at you. There are plenty of other modelers that never ever post or leave any trace of their presence on anyone else's threads .

Fact is, I am not so interested in them being interested in what I do. I am more concerned about self centeredness .
After all, I though that being on this site was to share time with other modelers .

The truth is, the three names mentioned are truly like the three Musketeers, whether there is anything to say or not, their presence is there .

Myself, I try to limit my post to airplane since there are so many other things one could look at .

Cheers, Christian B)

Ditto the others above....although I'm just the opposite as you...started with aircraft but I'm slowly losing interest in it and building interest in armor and the like- but you're definitely one I check out even if I don't always comment!

Nice job on that tiny little pit Christian!

While I was secretly hoping this was going to be the floater version (I won't hold that against you ;) ) I'm glad to see one of these in this campaign. They are a cool aircraft!

There's a great one preserved at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum

http://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-junkers-w-34f-fi.php

The handover was the last time a W.34 was flown.

Thanks Mike and Jeeves .

I think that the response is pretty much to my point .

There are still a of aircraft builders here that have not even noticed this post , therefore did not respond in anyway.

We could use a place to post comments that could be seen by the entire club .

In reality , my point is that posting here involves a certain amount of work .
I do it not for money nor for pats on the back...
I do it because some of you are interested but if there are no trace of anyone looking at it, then it's a pointless exercise by me and a waste of my time .

It is also a waste of my time to post on other people's threads unless they play a part in the community besides self gratification . That said, I don't like to waste my time.

Anyhow, this is not a rant but an expression of my observations .

I apologise to anyone that might have thought it was personal . It was not and I appreciate anyone that responded. As you can see, it was very localised.

Cheers, Christian :)

Nice job on that tiny little pit Christian!

While I was secretly hoping this was going to be the floater version (I won't hold that against you ;) ) I'm glad to see one of these in this campaign. They are a cool aircraft!

There's a great one preserved at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum

http://casmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/collection-research/artifact-junkers-w-34f-fi.php

The handover was the last time a W.34 was flown.

Sorry Warren . I am not aware of the float version being available .

As a move to cheer you up, I have sent you a secret picture.

I think that the cockpit pictures I found are probably from your reference. Interesting collection .

Cheers, Christian B)

Ditto the others above....although I'm just the opposite as you...started with aircraft but I'm slowly losing interest in it and building interest in armor and the like- but you're definitely one I check out even if I don't always comment!

I have nothing against you drifting towards the dark side . If I was not so committed to aircraft I would most likely built tanks. :)

I managed to make some progress with this one over the past couple of days . I did find a sticky spot though.

v34_interio_final_002a.jpg

The instructions appear to mount the bulkhead directly on top of the ridge on the floor ( which I did )

Also, if I would have studied their instructions more closely, they show the same bulkhead ahead of the ridge in the fuselage ( who build that way now days ) You could not possibly detail it from that that point :eek:hmy:

Anyhow, added more glue to the weld to dissolve it and moved the bulkhead forward .

v34_interio_final_001a.jpg

Followed by some minor repairs and adding of the last components to the interior.

Getting the bulkhead to set at a 90 angle called for more tricks.

v34_interio_final_003a.jpg

Finally the floor fits in correctly, so I secured it to the fuselage half.

junk_interior_002a.jpg

Finally, I'm closing it up. Starting to develop that certain Junkers persona that only they had .

On a positive note , This came in the mail from Squadron at a reasonable price.

v34_interio_final_006a.jpg

The book is much nicer than I had hoped for . Will use the references for further projects.

Cheers, Christian B)

They were gages used in manufacturing roller bearing components.

They are true and square and now being repurposed :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice progress and a neat looking book.

I like the tip about using more glue to weaken the bond...never thought of doing that before. I usually just use my knife to cut through and weaken it- but your way seems easier and is definitely safer...

Nice progress and a neat looking book.

I like the tip about using more glue to weaken the bond...never thought of doing that before. I usually just use my knife to cut through and weaken it- but your way seems easier and is definitely safer...

Glad that might be of help to you. Much friendlier on parts .

Particularly useful for pulling a gear strut front it's mount hole .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James. Little did I know that the name Junk would surface so soon .

Even after trimming and fitting the parts, this was my best result .

Note the stretched sprue and the glue.

junk_fuselage_fit_001a.jpg

The look after gluing it in . There will be plenty of fine sanding and careful filing before this is presentable.

junk_fuselage_fit_002a.jpg

The best fit on the nose cone . No where near large enough for the fuselage. The corrugated detail makes life really interesting.

junk_fuselage_fit_003a.jpg

I manged to get the nose to mostly fair in but the surprises keep on getting better and better :blink

junk_fuselage_fit_004a.jpg

Yiikes , the canopy is considerably too wide for the fuselage :idonno

Guess I'll see if I can figure this one out before doing anymore of the delicate stuff .

Cheers , Christian B)

Back