• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

I'm going to pour a little concrete in the backyard, then got to my fist model show. :woohoo:

Its USS Hornet Model Expo 2012. Its a bring and display your stuff show (not a contest) on board the Hornet which is currently docked at the nearby decommissioned Alameda Naval Air Station.
I'll try to take some photos to post.

Cheers,

Bill

Link here;

http://hornetexpo.com/index.php

Sounds like a blast. Take tons of photos like Moon said. Maybe some nice ones of their Avenger lol

Just masked and painted the yellow and white bands on the '388- one white and four yellow. All good, Sarge!

Before that, a whole day of first-world problems- hosed down and then washed uber-muddy bulldog, steam-cleaned the downstairs area rugs (Andi yorped on the big carpet), cleaned the filter in the backyard fountain, went to crank up the hot tub and found it needed a draining, cleaning, and refilling; found the vacuum to be all messed up, fixed it, cleaned the house, changed the sheets, backed up and packed up my Asus Slate for return for service (totally afu'd), dealt with constantly-crashing internet throughout the day. Pretty much wrung out, but the love of a good woman and clean dog are what gets me through it all. ;D

Been working on the 219 all day. Trying to get prepared for tomorrow. Church then ripping out and changing the shower valve assembly,after that is a short mowing stint that should be the last one for the year. I have also been battling my blood glucose lows and highs today. Lows being around 90 to 100. That's OK for some on e who doesn't have diabetes but if I get that low it makes me crash and its a bugger to get it back to around 112 where I feel best.

I need to lube up the cat :blink so she wont shoot hairballs any more and then maybe Ill have more time at the bench. peace.

Broke down and bought an amplifier,tv, speakers, blu ray player, so I can listen to music and occasionally watch netflix or a movie. I wish they still made the old stereo systems with all the components. Oh well it will be nice to listen to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1fiE0U1qA

and especially this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-TSbIY_YQ
and watch Andre's dvds.

Just masked and painted the yellow and white bands on the '388- one white and four yellow. All good, Sarge!

Before that, a whole day of first-world problems- hosed down and then washed uber-muddy bulldog, steam-cleaned the downstairs area rugs (Andi yorped on the big carpet), cleaned the filter in the backyard fountain, went to crank up the hot tub and found it needed a draining, cleaning, and refilling; found the vacuum to be all messed up, fixed it, cleaned the house, changed the sheets, backed up and packed up my Asus Slate for return for service (totally afu'd), dealt with constantly-crashing internet throughout the day. Pretty much wrung out, but the love of a good woman and clean dog are what gets me through it all. ;D

Dang Chuck, here I was thinking I put in a day.

All I did was installed crown molding and some painting done in the bathroom.

Wow, all this home improvement going on. All I did was clean the place. Now the goat path leading from the front door to the kitchen and points beyond is wide enough for two people to pass each other instead of one. That was this past week. Now for the weekend, I'm hosting a tabletop wargame at a local gaming convention in Anaheim. Good fun!

Starting 5tomorrow, I'm restoring another slatted patio cover.

Reading about all the stuff you guys are doing at your place almost makes me want to clear my hobby room and prepare it for the new cabinets, benches and stuff that are already ordered... I said "almost"! :D No, really, I'll have to make space for what's coming in and that means a lotta work for the next four or five days - yeah, I'm a slow-Joe... :eek:hyeah

At this here moment I'm at work, starting my lunch break. ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

There's slow and then there's stationary. :coolio :D

Couldnt decide on a way to camo the He 219 so I started another kit. 21CT F4U. for another friend. got it mostly shut up. Maybe Ill start all my kits and then take a vacation... :gogo

Oh no Paul is getting sucked into the Adult ADHD build style lol. Gotta get like 30 builds going at once. Now make sure to just mix all the parts together. Makes it more fun.

Well It begins... Beginning to get ready to pack for the big move. Nobody needs to know that the big move is only a 1/4 miles from where we live now though hehe. Can't beat a saving of 200 bucks a month in rent and more square footage.

Well today I am starting to get things packed up for the move. Weeding through the model stash and pulling things out I don't want. Had no idea that I had so many 1/72 kits. I never build 1/72 lol. So far found 30 of them I don't want. The wife and I are so excited to be moving to a new new place.

Mike said:
Well... I guess I deserved that... :(

:yipee Nice one Mike: still the sharp humor I really like!!! :ro: But this time there is no coming back, dude: to get the furniture in, I MUST get the stuff out, so... :eek:hyeah BTW, I'm already at it since Tuesday! :dude

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Mike said:
Well... I guess I deserved that... :(

:yipee Nice one Mike: still the sharp humor I really like!!! :ro: But this time there is no coming back, dude: to get the furniture in, I MUST get the stuff out, so... :eek:hyeah BTW, I'm already at it since Tuesday! :dude

Cheers! B)
Fernao
I just LOOOOOVE work I can sit for hours and watch it :drinks

Back