• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

shopping for next months supply of modeling materials. I do have a boat load picked out. :yipee :snoopy :D :D

Went to lunch with the wife and kiddo after playing with the dogs we're fostering. Now I'm working on Testor's old 1/48 Ohka kit. We've had some good wind gust but no rain. Kids will be out of school tomorrow too as Isaac moves northwest towards Baton Rouge. We may get rain tomorrow but this storm has been very strange in that the rain almost dies off as it wraps around to the northwest.

Home with a head cold. Its hot and muggy and that makes it worse. Blah :sick:

Went to lunch with the wife and kiddo after playing with the dogs we're fostering. Now I'm working on Testor's old 1/48 Ohka kit. We've had some good wind gust but no rain. Kids will be out of school tomorrow too as Isaac moves northwest towards Baton Rouge. We may get rain tomorrow but this storm has been very strange in that the rain almost dies off as it wraps around to the northwest.

Good to hear you are all well Kenny...I've been listening to my scanner app to the areas affected down there...

Hope you feel better soon James!

Thanks Jeeves. Day 3. Went to work and then came back home. This is kickin me hard.

Future son in law and daughter gave me a bottle of 18 year old single malt scotch at the shower. Might work :hmmm
James

Been at the local county fair all week watching my daughter do equestrian stuff...heading there again today and tomorrow...and my son rides Sunday..last four days of summer vacation and then back to school...

My last Friday in this god-forsaken trainIng class! Planning a very quiet weekend, with our last trip to Blossom to hear the Cleveland Orchestra! Next week I finally get to start actually putting into practice the policy they have been throwing at us.

I really need to find a teaching job!

Future son in law and daughter gave me a bottle of 18 year old single malt scotch at the shower. Might work :hmmm
James

Scotch in the shower? Why not...I've had beer in the shower... :yipee

Future Son in Law still scoring points, milk it for all it's worth!! :dance

Barney...

It is gearing up to be my most challenging year yet...they let all the aides go, so on top of our normal coursework, we will also be taking on their duties...and the state found a new way to evaluate us which really means we need to be on our toes. I teach all of the special education kids in biology this year...sure hope that is taken into account when they look at the kids test results for my evaluation...*sigh*

Jeeves,

Just heard that the AP classes will have 30-35 kids. Regular classes are between 45-50. Yet, all anyone can talk about is how they are for the kids.

I am very upset by the state of education...

Yeah just found out my job has been extended past the normal field season. Good news for me!! Gotta love massive forest fires burning over archaeological sites. Means we have to go out and monitor them again. Even though a few we just checked a few weeks before the fire lol. Also on another note I have been way busy trying to finish up a few builds to enter into the county fair. Was amazed they had a section for scale models.

Still kicking myself for not bringing my camera on a family trip to see the Amish and then Hershey Park, PA. What I did not know, on the way there, we went right past the Mid Atlantic Air Museum! I could have loaded up on Black Widow photos...

Well, went to see the Amish and, when my yawning stopped, we were in Strasburg, PA. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is right there! We took a ride on an old steamer.

Driving around, I see the American Military Edged Weaponry Museum in Intercourse, PA. Funny thing is, I only went into the town because of its name...

Regards,

Well... I'm here at work during my lunch break, reading a memo about how the new laws that are about to be voted in our Congress will probably move my retirement back some six months... :vmad #$@%&*#!!! Why can't they just wait another 4 months to do that?!? I'd be in the clear! :vmad

Anyway, reading about some of the problems you guys have with unemployment make me even feel ashamed to be ranting about this... sorry. :( :blush:

Cheers and lets all have a nice week, shall we! B)
Fernao

Back