• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

On the last day of vacation, I am scrubbing the schmutz off the sides of our dormers...and found more bees :(. Going to have a grill fest tonight with some apple pork chops and michigans...and then get supplies for grub for the beginning of the NFL
and my son's soccer seasons...it's crock pot chili season!

Yo Jeeves,

You're making me hungry... haven't had lunch yet and the cafeteria here at work can't be found on the "Best 5 Million Places to Eat on Earth" list!!! :( :stinker :bang head

Cheers and have fun! B)

Saul, I was at Hershey as well back in '07. What a trip!! I had my camera, but I don't remember taking many pics of anything. I wish I'd known about those museums as well; I'd have loved to have stopped at them myself. Then again, my brother was driving and because of his seven boys, we needed to get back to Ohio quickly.

It was such a pretty day and since Carol's #2 brother is sick and #3 brother just got done with a kidney transplant they can't be around each other... germs you know! :sick:

So, I took a long ride on my Honda... back roads, Cuyahoga Valley... lunch at a local eatery... Life is getting better... :drinks

Tomorrow starts the official fall season and that mean Singer's Club (See us on Facebook!). I'm 59 and still singing 1st tenor! Of course, that bicycle accident when I was 12 might have something to do with that... :rotf

And just incase i forget.... Go You Mother Buckers! OH IO

I spent a fair amount of time today trying to scratch build a ignition system for my Spit. I am astounded that Tamiya produced such a beautifully moulded and detailed kit and completely omitted the ignition leads and supply tubes that sit right on top of the engine in full view...
I failed :laugh:

I fabricated the tubes and the elbow joints, 6 per tube for the ignition wires out of plastistrut 1mm and .75mm rod. I then needed to attach the braided S/S ignition leads to the plastic...hmmmmmm, what about a short section of heat shrink tubing ?? :) half on the plastic rod and half on the braided wire, heat it up and it should form a join between the two !!! wrong, heating it up worked for 3 joints and then suddenly it melted the plastic rod :laugh: ...back to square one .
Strange thing is the kit has the tubes to carry the ignition wires on the side of the engine where they will never be seen but they are completely missing from the area between the cylinders..

I will need to try again with another idea .. when i have one :)

Not a bad day today, found a bunch of photos I had taken years ago. :D Also a good visit to Jeffrey's pick apart, now have a '39 Ford truck dash and a '53 Ford F100 steering colum for the Model A :yipee

Spend about 4 hrs scanning some of the photos

Sounds like a great day Jeff. So what are the cool photos? As for me I woke up and feel like a troll moved into my head and is pounding stuff with a hammer. Way to much rum and coke lastnight for me.

Sounds like a great day Jeff.nso what are the cool photos? As for me I woke up and feel like a troll moved into my head and is pounding stuff with a hammer. Way to much rum and coke lastnight for me.

I put some photos in the walk around gallery and also put them in the Real thing thread.

Working on my 1/35 Austin Tilly watching the Saints lose. That's ok. All of my Louisiana teams won last night. (y)

Tired of scanning photos. I'm going to go and sniff glue and act like I'm gluing stuff together :laugh:

I managed to do a litlle work on my T-34 this weekend,but the bigger news is that I went to the
Fort Eben Emael in Belgium.Will do one of my 'photo recons' here on MA.
It will be a 2 part future,first part will be the outside of the fort.[this thing is HUGE]

Didn't get the inside this time around,but that will be for later on in part 2.
The pics of part 1 will be posted some time this week.
So stay tuned on this channel. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Jet lagged and back from fabulous Maui. We'll be getting things back in order and maybe paint a stripe or two on the 388. :drinks

Ohh i wish i had been with to see that fort Ron!
We have been talking about going there sometime, maybe next year i hope :D
Looking forward to see the pics!
//Mats

... back from fabulous Maui. ... :drinks

Maui is nice in September. Kids are back in school and it seems like you have the whole place to your self.
Nice.
Looking forward to your next modeling post.

Cheers,

Bill

just trying to figure out how to help get past the wall I just hit. Nothing seems to spark my interests.
I have seven unfinished kits and I feel as I could just toss them in the dump. :(

Do some gardening Paul, or just clean off the bench and get organized. Well I did that and couldn't find a dang thing.

I may have hit the same wall PauLw :bang head
Had plans to hit the bench this afternoon, but her indoors had a few chores for me and then the school phoned and asked if I'd come in to discuss my sons behaviour :evil: , and I'm back to work tommorow.
I also know what you mean about finishing kits. Sometimes you just want to attack something fresh but I make myself push on :soldier
:)

just trying to figure out how to help get past the wall I just hit. Nothing seems to spark my interests.
I have seven unfinished kits and I feel as I could just toss them in the dump. :(

Paul I just got over that hump with my floatplane. I hadnt finished a kit in 5 months. What I do is try and take a break and watch some good films. Or try a project that is completely off the wall. Something you wouldnt normally do. I did that and now am crazy for Japanese planes lol.

I'm going to pour a little concrete in the backyard, then got to my fist model show. :woohoo:

Its USS Hornet Model Expo 2012. Its a bring and display your stuff show (not a contest) on board the Hornet which is currently docked at the nearby decommissioned Alameda Naval Air Station.
I'll try to take some photos to post.

Cheers,

Bill

Link here;

http://hornetexpo.com/index.php

Back