• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

I agree with you Paddy. Been there and done that got the T-shirt. I cant compare anything with 36 years as a tool and die maker but I did 17 in the Navy as a weapons tech and nobody needed ma either. 17 years trucking the lower 48 and Canada only to make the money for the big guy and my paycheck went to supplies on the road.

I hope that your find a solution to your dilemma and get back to the finer things.

Okay, this Thread is getting real depressing.

I guess I've been blessed by the Almighty since I have just come off three months of almost constant work as a self-employed handyman. Most all of those jobs were small income; a couple hundred here and there, but it was steady income! In between all those jobs, I've been able to work on 12 models and finish five. Today is my second consecutive day off in a row and I've finally had the time to start cleaning up this Federal Disaster Area. I've been able to clean the bedroom (we can now walk in it!) and do three loads of laundry. It would have been more, but I ran out of quarters! :blush: I have compiled several bags of goods to donate to Goodwill and have taken out 3 large bags of trash.

Today, I'll be cleaning some more of this toxic waste dump of a house and maybe by the end of the day I'll be able to see the floor in places. I expect to be removing another three to four bags of trash again today. Who knows? Maybe somewhere in there I'll be able to work some more on some of my models.

So chin up guys! Go build something! There's nothing like the satisfaction of completing a model; posting it for all to see and getting acknowledgement from your peers for it.

Drove a bit to deliver and pickup a load at the same place. Then drove about 3 1/2 hours. Stripped the paint and stuff off my two test models.
Showered,ate a little. Watching The Good,The Bad,and The Ugly now.

Doing a bit of work at home. Stewing over the craptastic wellenmunster on the rudder of the 388. Gonna have to redo it- again! :vmad

Well I got my fat ass out in the yard working on a little stone/brick pad out here for the dogs. The thought it it will cut down the dirt they track in..now it'll be sand.

Worked on the Panther some, maybe some pictures.

Chuck, if anyone can pull a mulligan off, you can. :popcorn

Watching the track of Hurricane Isaac hoping it doesn't move further west.

Sending karma your way, Kenny!

Hurricane party?

:drinks :drinks

Watching the track of Hurricane Isaac hoping it doesn't move further west.

That means it'll hit my family...

Here's some prayers going up for you that you are spared. You've been through enough with the other hurricanes you've had in the past. May everyone in the path of this storm be safe and secure in God's hands.

Got a week off for the first time in six months. Gonna see what I can do about fixing and cleaning this Federal Disaster Area of a house. In between all that. I'll also try and complete some models.

Sending karma your way, Kenny!

Hurricane party?

:drinks :drinks
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will get close enough to warrant us getting a day off dang it.

Mark, thanks for the prayers buddy. In a weird twist of fate, Isaac will make landfall on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. The wife and kiddo were at Children's Hospital in New Orleans when that one hit.

Decals came in today's mail, Kenny. Thanks a million!!! (y) :notworthy

Good luck with that storm, guys- I know just how much fun that can be!

On the western side of Louisiana they have closed schools tomorrow and the parish government is doing a limited green team (disaster response team) tomorrow. They only need one of my crew here tomorrow so my journeyman said he would take it. I'll be home building a model watching it rain 5" with the dogs and Ian.

Well, let's pray that's the worst case scenario . A lot of rain and some wind.

Thinking of you guys in the lowlands .

Christian B)

we are finishing up pur training... today we learned how to do email and to check our schedules... ooooo aaaaahhhh

One good thing about living here in the south of Sweden is that it is more or less disaster free. Sure, it can get storms in the autumn, and sometimes someone looses a roof. It snows in the winter, but worst case is that you have to stay at home and build by candle light.
We have no rivers that can flood, or dangerous earthquakes. I woke up a morning in 2008, wondering who had left the window open in the wind. That was quite close to the epicentre of our "worst" earthquake in modern history...
Skåne_County_earthquake
At the moment life feels quite black, but at least I don't have to worry about that kind of disasters at least. :)

We have minor earthquakes, blizzards, tornadoes, thunderstorms and loosing sports teams.

Did anyone see the article about the deaf kid named Hunter, who is getting crap about the sign he uses for his name? the school administration is saying it resembles a gun...

No . I pictures please . :eek:hmy: I think the world has suddenly lost the rest of the marbles .

Back