• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Not modeling related, sorry, I probably won't have a model built in some time but..
I just turned our two car carport into a 3 dog dog house.
1625189718328.png

Kinda thinking of finishing this garage out for my workshop. Pretty sure it'll be cheaper and fun to build. Nice 1:1 project.

Carports, Ugh! Only in the south. They have them all over here in Memphis and I hate em. Give me a big garage with a door or two any day.

My fan died last week which is used in conjunction w/ a filter as an exhaust fan for the painting area in the mud room. New fan has been ordered which should show up today or tomorrow, so the spray operations should be able to resume shortly. In the meantime this weekend a bit of time was spent doing some sub-assemblies on a pair of Diana F-16s (Italian & Dutch), attaching a couple odds and ends on the Mustang, and a bit of rescribing work on the Hustler.

Normal operations to resume shortly.

I have had covid for 2 weeks, on top of that the insurance is dragging their feet, and we are trying to get someone to come out and measure for doing tile. In the mean time I did find some reasonable wood pattern tile, but without someone to lay it am stuck. First the living room then the two back bedrooms. Then the front bedroom and master closet. Still not feeling like doing much though I am feeling a whole lot better.
01.jpg

Wow John, nice garage. Paul I'm having the same problem getting contractors to show. I have electrical and some subfloor work needed done and can't get anyone out.

We are having an additional bdrm/bath put on. The price went up $7200 because of the cost of lumber!

Last edited:
That's why I didn't stick build our shed.

I'm really thinking about that academy 1:144 KC135 I got in the stash. Rattle can or Plasmo's oil brush technique would be easy.

Wow John, nice garage. Paul I'm having the same problem getting contractors to show. I have electrical and some subfloor work needed done and can't get anyone out.

Man I wish I wasn't so far away from you guys having trouble finding help, I had two additions that were priced out pre-covid... then put off because of covid and then a year later when we were ready to get started, both put off again because materials had almost tripled.

Even when I do get some work, I'm finding many normally stocked items needing to be ordered.

😣

Passed the foundation inspection this morning, now I'm waiting to find out when the concrete will be available. Not even asking how much that's going to hurt. I may not do the framing until next spring, but I don't know, I'd like to have some time to enjoy the thing and I'm not getting any younger lately.

Also working on two 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27's, getting closer to paint on them.

I feel your pain guys. I also have a hard time finding work because of the cost of materials. So far, no issues in getting them, but there's no telling whether that will last.

On my workbench, besides the Antonov An-124 is this:

full

I've added a few since then too:

A Kamov,
A Japanese Ninja helicopter
A Fokker F-27 Friendship
and Noorduyn Norseman...

Back