• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Then you need to box the projects, clean the bench and work area and pull one of the projects back out to finish up. I finally had to do this to my work space as it had become way too cluttered and stuff was in the way etc. Still have a little more clean up to do and a couple of maker projects to improve my work space, but it is better.

Yeah, I have to do that too. I'm almost afraid to though, it's gonna take months! LOL!!:wow::coolio1:

Decided to fiddle around w/ an A-4 that I picked up second-hand a couple years ago for $10 at a hobby shop yard sale. It had already been started, hence the cheap price. I don't think anything major is missing, aside from the refueling probe, which can be procured easily enough. The fit of the resin pit was pretty terrible (and I suspect why it had all gotten tossed back in the box), but 1.5hrs of mock up, trimming, shaving, scraping and sanding I was able to get it to cooperate satisfactorily. This will ultimately be built up as a late RAN A-4G.

And I thought this thing was hard to handle before..... :bang head

Got the rest of the antennae attached as well as some static wicks. Currently in the paint booth w/ a fresh coat of primer on it. Wonder how many wicks I'll manage to break off between now and decals. :lol:

Not getting as much bench time as I would like but did do some of my Valentine today.
DSC09165.JPG
DSC09166.JPG
DSC09167.JPG
DSC09168.JPG

I got a Miniart Valentine Mk VI for the antenna mount. Installed it. Fenders just dry fit. Filled the exhaust pipe with plastic and putty. Next is to file it to shape. Probably a waste of time as there is a shield over the pipe but oh well. Also hollowed out the flared exhaust. Looks better I think. Got my paint for it so hopefully be able to paint soon.
James

Okay finished painting. Not great but not bad. What a monumental pain to do the caunter scheme on a tanks with almost no flat surfaces. AK Real colours are okay. I might try them again. Now to gloss it and apply decals and then dull coat.
James
DSC09187.JPG
DSC09188.JPG
DSC09189.JPG
DSC09190.JPG
DSC09191.JPG

Decals on. Of course I did manage to screw that up also but oh well. Already just going to the back of the shelf. Now its dullcoat and practice some weathering. On a positive note, the decal in the hatch kept moving around as I tried to settle it in. So I just centered it. Then like all the other decals I painted on some Tamiya decal solution strong and let it sit. Put more on a little while later. This morning I woke up to find that the decal formed itself to the shape of the hatch so quite happy. Also the decals on the turret sides which are very rough have melded and look painted on. Awesome :) Yes there are problems with it but no longer matters.
DSC09199.JPG
DSC09200.JPG
DSC09201.JPG
DSC09202.JPG

I didnt try to get the rear marking to settle over the hinges. I just gave a liberal coat of tamiya strong and let it do its own thing. Worked the treat.
James

Back