• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

I am hoping for the best for you there James!

Regards,

Agreed james fingers crossed mate !

So this is what Ive been doing to day,....

Chicago show tomorrow @ 3pm

Now this show basically a figure show with additional sections of vehicles
+flak+ planes etc etc etc etc etc

The ppl who show in the figure section make up some really fantastic looking displays with flowing cloth over stands to put the models on and I must admit it does look awesome
I have been out with the Wife today and she showed me where to get clear acrylic risers and some navy blue satin

This evening was spent titivating ( juvenile giggle ) my display and now Its done and looks bloody good now all I need to do is bribe some judges and hey presto :mpup

IMG_3757.JPG

IMG_3758.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

I dont think you'll need to bribe anyone Andy. Gorgeous display of painting prowess. Looking forward to seeing the bling next time you post. (y) (y) (y)
James

How about a big bowl of rum punch next to your display, right before the judging starts? Can't hurt? :D
Best of luck, matey! (y)

Taken the day off. Waiting on the North Carolina contention of the SOB Model club, going for our irregular meeting and get together in Augusta. Starting at the Casa De Dogwood and heading out from there. I think the theme this time, instead of pillaging the most well stocked LHS in the tri state area, we're going for "Occupy Hobbytown" after we "Occupy the Wings place" on Washington road in Augusta...

More later!

you should film it- all you guys walking into Hobby Town with hand trucks would be great. have fun and burn the receipts!

Thsi sort of reminds me of the Blues Brothers:

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Changed to read:

"it's 60 miles to Augusta, we got a full tank of gas, a half-full wallet, extra hot-sauce for the wings, and cruise-control on the truck"

HIT -IT!

Had a great time with old friends and made some new ones, I see Bob Spag has already signed up, welcome aboard Bob.

Sorry, no pictures this trip, Mike and Chris had a good tail wind and were actually a little early, that was good, they had time to inspect the Mustang WIP and sit around jawjack a little. We headed on down to Augusta making contact with Mike Root and Bob Spag at the Hobbytown and our Occupy Hobbytown proceeded as planned.

I scored some paints that's needed for the Ford Fairlane and the M3 Lee I've been threatening to do as Lulubelle.

We took a break for lunch indulging on some chickenwings and lots of talk of models, magazines and websites. Not much eyecandy at this place but that kept us out of trouble.

Anywho...we rolled back in to Casa de Dogwood at about 5:30 so Chris and Mike are probably still on the road back up to NC. Sure they will peek in shortly.

Once again, enjoyed the day, had a great time with great friends!

Sorry i missed that. Though at sometime we'll see what you picked up in projects ect.

Dammit, James! Get yer keester down here!! :D Yesterday was one of those days I'll remember for a long time. Drove through the rain all the way to Greenwood, but managed to make good time anyway. The shop inspection at MP's was always a hoot and the trip to Augusta was ALMOST uneventful (squirrel!)

The Hobbytown raid did turn into an occupation, with many "must haves" found and procured. Mike and Bob made it a fivesome and they came bearing a list from their club. The smile on Dave's (the Hobbytown Guy) face was a foot wide!

We moved over to Wing Stop, managed to thoroughly confuse the hostess with two Bobs, two Mikes and a Chris, but the chow was excellent! We talked, ate, talked and laughed, great time, the experience was right up there with finding a new hobby shop! Hopefully, we'll get some participation here from Bob and Mike, Mike has some jaw dropping work in progress and Bobspag bought a Hobby Boss Super Pershing kit that looks REALLY promising.

On the way back to Greenwood, we raided Harbor Freight for some much needed equipment, then hit the Hobby Lobby where Chris found the brushes he's been searching for. All in all, we came, we bought, we conquered.
Let's just say, the upcoming Campaigns will be interesting! (y) :drinks

Planning to get Adam, Joey and maybe Kelly on board for the next trip, too. How about it Bruce, you in? :dance

right now I'm still touching that Stewart car- I'm making a solemn vow today that I will NEVER AGAIN work with gloss orange! pppffffttt.

Does anyone have a squirrel stencil we could borrow ? Only need four more for an ace ! :pilot

Back