• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

the fettes bros - always good for a splendid joke! you gave me a good laugh david!

take care saúl and return home safe!

I trying to ignore the lawn that wishes to be a tropical rain forest if I dont get the mower out soon :(

Man, I hate yard work...so much so that I hired a guy to mow my lawn. I guess he doesn't like it much either, because I had to
call him up again to get him over here...finally showed up today.

And still trying to get my model room in order, it's getting there...slowly.

Take care Saul.

And David I have more than enough, but less than a Database worth of kids :D

MP Je n'parlez vous computereeze :evil: :D

James

Hope it veers off into the ocean Saul!

I am not a fan of lawn work either, but soon enough it'll be firewood getting season and then snow plowing season...

Drove about 500 miles.Then ate. Just chillin' now. :popcorn Gonna see what's good on youtube,

Irene became a category 2 hurricane and its counterclockwise rotating tail cuased massive floodings, landslides, power and water outages.

To top it off, my son's ear began bleeding and I paid $150 at the emergency room to be told they did not have an ENT to go to San Juan which was in the midst of heavy rains and is over two hours away. I went the next day to an ENT in the town where Driver and Fledernaus live and paid $125 to get my boy a clean bill of health. Of course, the prescription drops were only $225.
:(

Regards,

500 bucks for a bleeding ear? :blink

wow!

at least you and your family are safe and sound!

Irene became a category 2 hurricane and its counterclockwise rotating tail cuased massive floodings, landslides, power and water outages.

To top it off, my son's ear began bleeding and I paid $150 at the emergency room to be told they did not have an ENT to go to San Juan which was in the midst of heavy rains and is over two hours away. I went the next day to an ENT in the town where Driver and Fledernaus live and paid $125 to get my boy a clean bill of health. Of course, the prescription drops were only $225.
:(

Regards,

Echo what Laura said, at least everyone is safe and sound. :drinks

Glad your safe Saul. And glad the young fellow's okay.
James

Goodmorning everyone :Hiay
Looks like it's going to be a wonderful and sunny day after these last days of rain and thunder :D
Birthdayparty for one of the girls today, and maybe some modelling time this evening :drinks
//Mats

Well, we went to JÜLICH in Germany,for the European bat night.
And guess what,...we didn't see a single life one! :blink

The 'creatures of the night' just didn't want to show them selfs.
In normal conditions you can find the bats inside of JÜLICH citadel bastions,who are not open for public most time of the year,
to give the bats a good home.A guide told us there are around 400 bats living in the citadel.
We didn't see any bats at all,as they were too deep in the niches of the citadels stonework. :(

O well,as the Bat night was held at the impressive citadel,I might as well share some pictures with you;

As JÜLICH was pretty much 'bombed out'during WW2 you can still see some remains of that period.
Here is me with the infamous 'Acht Acht'[crazy 88].

image009.jpg

Overhead view of the Citadel.
The center of it holds a school inside.

image002.jpg

The entrance of the citadel.

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

MASSIVE walls!

image005.jpg

Some rusty cannons.

image006.jpg

The magpie uses them to relieve him self... :D

image007.jpg

image008%7E0.jpg

This is one of the 'creatures of the night' we hoped to see...but didn't!

image012.jpg

The inside of JÜLICH citadel...

image010.jpg

Took the chance to get behind the citadels designer working table,when nobody looked! :D

image011.jpg

That's all folks!
Greetings,Ron.

Thanks for the pix Ron.Sorry you did not see the bats. :(

Today,no driving. I have too much time to deliver this load in Atlanta. So I sit here in Louisiana. Yeah it is hot and muggy. :silly: Got some work done on some models while watching Convoy and To Hell and back.

Very very cool. Now to research the place, looks interesting :)
James

Ron now that look really very interesting citadel and of course love that 88 shame those things are not restored to its former powerful glory ( painting work and not actually live firing of course ) :hmmm

Great pictures Ron. Really nice to see these types of pictures. Those walls look formidable even today.

Is that a Frenchman standing on the rampart saying somethig about..."I fart in your general direction!" :mpup

sorry, couldn't resist..

LOL,it does look a bit like that!!! :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs&feature=player_detailpage

I am glad there wasn't a cow barrage at JÜLICH citadel! :blink :D

Greetings,Ron.

I'm trying to fix a 1/72 scale f-104 I destroyed with paint thinnner from stripping a bad spray coat.

The body is fixed and it just got a bath and after it dries, well we will see...

After that I'm setting up a production line to knock out the 19 or so 1/32 German figures included with my unbuilt Tamiya kits. This is something i havn't done in awhile. During this I have a set of ejection seats for my Tomcat and some other small paintables. be good when this is all done.

Back